Chapter 14: It Comes To An End and Future Plans

After history class, the cops arrived to arrest Richard Moreno but they didn't expect him to pull out a gun from his backpack. He pointed it at Becca and said, "She is my girl and I won't let anyone have her! If I am going down then she will come with me."

Ashton jumped in front of Becca when Richard shot his gun. Nick pulled out his gun and shot Richard in the heart twice. It was a miracle that Ashton wasn't hit. The bullet went past his head and into the wall behind him. Becca hugged him tight and kissed him. She said, "My hero, I love you!" Ashton replied, "Nobody tries to hurt my girlfriend. I love you too!" Nick was relieved that his son and Becca were unharmed. The drama was over since Richard's friends who came with him from Ohio were arrested for drugs and the illegal guns that day. 

Nick said, "It was fun being a teacher for one class but it's back to the P.I. business and training bodyguards." Ashton hugged his dad and said, "You are the hero, Dad even though Becca called me her's." Tara was in the hallway with Becca's parents. The Mannings said, "We heard on the news about what happened with Richard and we came straight from work." Tara embraced Nick and said, "My protective bodyguard husband is at it again! I am so glad you are safe and okay! I love you." Nick kissed her and replied, "I love you too! Don't worry, I will be taking you some place romantic later, among other things."  He gave her a wink.

Becca and her parents were hugging each other. They were relieved that this nightmare was over. Ashton and Becca finally got to go out on their date. Tara helped Ashton plan the perfect date for them. Nick was finishing up at the office before he would take Tara out on their much needed date. The Mannings didn't have much to repair at their house since most of the bullets didn't do much damage. They moved back to their house after they finished the repair work that they had to do at home. Becca felt special since Ashton planned their whole date with some help from his mom.

Ashton picked Becca up in his red jeep. He was dressed up in a nice sport coat and dark blue jeans. Becca wore a soft yellow dress and white high heels. When she opened the door, he smiled and handed her a bouquet of sunflowers. It was her favorite flowers. She went to put them in water, then they were off on their date. They had a romantic picnic under the stars. Ashton made her chicken salad sandwiches with chips. Tara packed them a treat: chocolate covered strawberries. He held a chocolate colored strawberry in his hand and fed it to Becca. Ashton wiped the chocolate off her lips by kissing them. They danced while music played from his phone. He twirled her then they shared sweet kisses. 

She said, "Thank you for tonight. You have done so much for me. I am so happy that we found each other. Moving here was the best thing that has ever happened to me since it led me to you." Ashton replied, "It is funny that my parents met when he was her bodyguard, then I became your's." It shows that somethings are meant to be. I love you, Becca Manning!" She smiled and kissed him, "I love you too!"

Nick and Tara were having a date night as well. He took her to a Shakespeare play and to dinner afterwards. When they returned home, the night was still young. Nick smiled at Tara and said, "You have me all to yourself my dear and now I am all yours!" Tara smiled and replied, "Come here and try to catch me darling." She ran to the bedroom and Nick replied, "I love you, Tara. I will catch you!" He caught her and pinned Tara to the bed. Nick kissed her roughly and whispered, "My loving wife, you are all mine for a few hours." They shared passionate kisses and had a fun night together.

Ashton took Becca home after he gave her a gold heart charm bracelet. It was his maternal grandmother's. She loved it and said, "You are the sweetest and most loving boyfriend ever!" Ashton held her hand as they walked to the door. He said, "Anything for you, sweetheart!" They shared a kiss. Their date night was perfect. Nick and Tara were waiting for their son to get home. Ashton told his parents about his date and thanked his mom for her help with the bracelet and strawberries.

The months passed quickly and it was now high school graduation. Ashton passed the bodyguard's test and became certified. He planned to attend college close to home. Becca was going to the same college. Ashton gave Becca a promise ring after they dated for 9 months. He promised his parents to attend college and then become a bodyguard. Ashton majored in theater and minored in music while Becca majored in history and minored in theater. They both enjoyed reading plays together.

Tara was right, it was a baby girl. She was named Alice Marie Townsend. She was one month old. Ashton decided to continue living with his parents and helped his mom take care of his baby sister while he was in college. Becca decided to live at home as well. Ashton and Becca were inseparable. Tara and Nick would go out one night a month to have a night out for themselves. Ashton and Becca would babysit when his parents had their date night. Becca came over to Ashton's house everyday like always.