~Chapter 9~

Third person's point of view.

Going back the next day, Sasuke and Mito showed up together as usual or on occasion while Naruto was last to show up, his excuse he was looking for something clean to wear, Sakura was very quite like she was still worried about her choice in going to this exam. She felt as if she hadn't made any progress in her training like Mito and the boys did, Hell, Mito is what Sakura wishes she can be.

The blonde girl is strong and smart not to mention drop dead gorgeous and she's got the perfect boyfriend. Getting to the room 301 the next day, the four Gênin were greeted by Kakashi-sensei. "Glad you came Sakura. For your sake and the others." Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto gasped in confusion, "now you can all formally register for the Chûnin Exams." Sakura seriously made Mito doubt she was as smart as the teachers said she was.

"Why, what do you mean?" Humouring her Kakashi-sensei answered, "well, you see, only groups of three are allowed to apply for and take the exam, that's the way it's always been." Sakura frowned, "but sensei, you said the decision to take the exam was up to us, besides we're a group of four wouldn't it have not mattered?" Kakashi-sensei nodded, "that's right I did." Asking Sakura said, "was that a lie?"

Looking away from the four Gênin he said, "sort of, it is an individual decision but it affects all of you. I didn't tell you before because I didn't want the other guys pressuring you." Naruto grunted in annoyance while Sasuke and Mito stayed quiet. "At the same time I didn't want you feeling obligated to participate because of any feelings you might have for Sasuke or Naruto and Mito, I wanted you to come to a decision of your own free will."

That still didn't explain why she was still needed they're a group of four, they still would have been able to participate because they were a group of three. "Wait a minute, do you mean if the others had shown up but I decided not to come with them–" "it would have been the end of the line,"

"Normally if you were a starting group of three but your four with or without you Sakura they would have gone in, but I wanted all four of you to do this together, your stronger together than if one of you is missing." Kakashi-sensei explained. "I'm proud of you four, I couldn't ask for a better team, good luck." He said then stepped to the side and let them go for the door,

Mito standing at the end of her team was stopped for a moment while they went in. "Mito, keep your eyes peeled, okay. And watch out for them." Smiling at Kakashi-sensei, she nodded, "always, sensei." She said but stopped before the door closed, "oh and Kakashi-sensei, try not to fight with Gai-sensei too much." Gasping at her, she went inside and was automatically pulled into Sasuke's side as his arm was looped over her shoulder.

————

Mito's point of view.

Standing next to Sasuke we all looked over the other teams that would also be taking the test, looking around I was able to count how many teams were here, from Konohagakure I counted 81 teams including our own team. From Sunagakure there were 30 teams, from Amegakure there were 21 teams, Kusagakure had sent over 15 teams while Takigakura had 12 teams here and Otogakure being new only had 3.

Making the total amount 162. The sound of rapid footsteps echoed on the wooden floors as Ino's high pitched voice called out to Sasuke, "oh hell no." I hissed and pulled him out of the way just in time to hear her shout, "Sasuke, where have you bee—OW!" And I smirked as her face collided with the floor.

"What the hell was that for?!" Ino yelled while jumping up all while her head was swelling up with a bump. "Oh, it's you guys." Shikamaru complained, Ino was still glaring at me, but I didn't say anything because she wasn't worth the explanation. "I knew this was gonna be a drag, but I didn't know it was going to be this lame." Shikamaru bitched, I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly.