mid-battle death and revivification -pike

Just a short snippet

Falling from the sky, one wing broken, feathers trailing behind him as he plummets. His daggers hit before he does, immediately zooming back to his belt just in time for impact. He smashes into the ground, already limp, and the wings twitch once before fading into nothing.  The moment seems to pause, and every member of Vox Machina knows that Vax is dead. But Pike is already moving. Her boots glowing with power, she sprints over the branches and bodies, barely reaching Vax. Quickly kneeling before his broken body, she takes his face in both small hands. "No. Vax! You can't leave us like this. Your family needs you. Your twin needs you. Keyleth needs you.  You are a brother to me. A brother." Tears squeeze out from her eyes, try as she might to keep them in, making trails in the smear of blood on her cheek. "Tell the Raven Queen that she may well control our times, but this isn't yours." As her symbol starts to glow, she bows her head until their foreheads touch.  The energy melts around his form,  and... he breathes! He lifts himself up shakily on his elbows as the gnome stands, and coughs. "Fuck... I did it again." He stands, checks his daggers, and quickly scans the sky, taking in Percival and Vex. "Thanks, Pickle!"  With rogue-like dexterity, he spiders up a tree, and the occupants of the broom thankfully fly over for healing.