Chapter 35 - Her Story (Don't Say You Miss Me Too)

Start from the beginning

On April, our group gathered around again to hike Achasan Mountain in Guri. After I done with my schedule, I slept in my friend house in order not to miss the hour. We started the hike at 4 am in the morning. Achasan was a beautiful place. I should really explore Gyeonggi-do someday. It was just an hour away from Seoul but they have so many hidden gems. Sure, it was tiring, but I was so excited to see the sunrise. Finally, we reached the peak. We sat there with my group, shared the coffee and shared the kimbap as well, we ate there, till one of them ordered us to had a look at the sun. It was magical. Being able to enjoy that moment was magical. I took a deep breath and prayed to God once again. My prayers to Him were always the same. It went like, "if she feels the same, then let me know. If she doesn't the keep away far from me". I can't get enough of this sunrise. Too bad that our group is all a workers. They should be worked after we were going down. We went downhill then. It was good until someone recognized my face. It was Son Chaeyoung. With Kim Samuel. I got to meet this couple here, really?

A month after my birthday, of course, it's her birthday, how can I forgot. They were here to celebrate her birthday. What a romantic guy, took his girlfriend to saw the sunrise at her birthday. Both of them then asked me insistently to join them in breakfast. And I complied. I knew hat I couldn't stand this but then I followed them. Samuel took us to a Yukgaejang place. Thank God it was Yukgaejang, my favorite Korean dish. Though I and Chaeng were in an awkward situation, Samuel kept the conversation alive. Thank God that this kid broke the silence around us. He was so polite towards me. He was a decent man, that was my impression on him. When Chaeng went to the bathroom, we had a little conversation.

"So, how long you've been dating then?" I asked him.

"137 days"

"Whoa, so spesific" I admired this guy, "Do you guys celebrate 100, 200 days then?"

"Nope, we are not" He laughed. 

"Yeah, don't. Chaengie hates parties and celebrations" I told him as if I know her best.

"Do you love her, Sam, I really have to ask this. I didn't want Chaeng to end up with a bad guy"

"Noona, I can assure you that I won't be a bad guy for her. It wasn't easy for her to open her heart to me, I won't waste that. I know that you guys are worried about her, she's your precious maknae, isn't she?" She was more than that to me if you wanted to know.

"And also she's dating someone even younger than her. But, towards her, I could act like an Oppa. I won't hurt her, I promise you"

"Good. Cause I will tear your home apart if you happen to hurt her, Samuel"

He smiled at me. Did I scare him? But he was content. Somehow she made me sure that he would never hurt her. She's in good hands then.

Samuel then got picked by his manager. I would ride Chaeng's car then. Oh my God, did I have to? It would be awkward. Guri is so far from our dorm.

But it wasn't scary at all. We also had a decent conversation. We talked about Samuel, I tried to be chilled bout that. We also talked about her dream to be a producer. I just knew from her that she spent the most time in the office now meeting with JunK Oppa and YoungK Oppa to learned about music composing. Sometimes she even learned from the master, JYP himself. I also told her about my dream to be a musical actress. It was decent. It did feel like a friend again, though my heart still beating so fast around her.

As we arrived at our dorm, I remembered that I had a present for her. A delayed birthday present from last year. I should give this, I thought. I then, put the present in her bed when she was taking a bath. I hope she liked it.

The next interaction we got, It was Christmas eve in 2020, I was in Korea. My plan was to celebrate it alone. Since Tzuyu had a schedule, Sana spent it with her boyfriend, Momoring wanted to sleep all day. All the Korean members celebrated at home. I thought I would visit the church this day and enjoyed dinner by myself. Then, my phone rang. I recognized the caller, I picked up joyfully.