Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

  "Crap, Zeek?  Zeek, are you okay?"  He still hadn't surfaced.  I began to panic.  I quickly dove under the water and looked for him, ignoring the stinging in my eyes.  I saw him laying stiff a few feet away, so I swam as fast as I could and made my way to him, pulling him up.  I pulled him to the edge of the pool and lifted him easily, laying him down.  I pulled myself out of the water and sat next to him.  His lips were pale and his eyes were closed...  Did I do CPR?  Did I even know CPR?  I felt tears prick at my eyes.  What if I didn't do it right?  What if I was already too late?  I took a deep breath and cleared my head.  I put my hands on his chest, right above his heart, and pushed like they did on TV.  Nothing happened... I continued that for a bit.  I was crying big time now... I leaned forward so I could give him air, ignoring the butterflies that were forming deep in my belly at the thought of his lips touching mine.  I closed my eyes and leaned in closer until his nosed brushed mine and I could smell his minty breath blowing softly on my face.

Wait...Breath? 

I jumped back and stared at him wide eyed.  He suddenly got a wide smile on his face and began laughing.

  "HAHAHAHA!  You actually believed it!"  He cackled.

  "It's not funny, Zeek."  He stopped laughing and bent his head.

  "I'm sorry.  I just wanted to be funny."  He brushed his fringe away from his face and looked up at me.  His eyes gazed deeply into mine, like they were studying my every action.  They were big gorgeous orbs of mystery that I couldn't get enough of.  What if that was for real?  What if I did lose Zeek?  My heart dropped down to my toes at the thought.  "Austen, you okay?"  I nodded.  He smiled brightly and sat up, wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace.  I felt electric shocks zip through my entire body.  That always happened though, every time I touched him... What made this time so noticeable?  Then I put it all together...

The fast beating heart.

The nervous shaking my hands make.

The butterflies/eagles flying in my stomach.

The overwhelming urge to wrap him in my arms and hold him until the end of time...

I was in love with my best friend.

Flashback Over

  I smiled at the happy memory and pulled Zeek closer, kissing the top of his head.

  "Good morning."  I heard a sleepy voice greet.

  "Good morning, Love."  He giggled cutely and lifted his head.

  "Do you know what today is?"  I smiled and nodded.

  "How could I forget?  It's all you've been talking about for weeks."  I laughed and leaned closer to kiss his nose.  "Merry Christmas, Zeeky."

  "Merry Christmas, Aussie.  I love you."  My heart swelled.  I could never get used to hearing those sweet words.

  "I love you too."  He pecked my lips and climbed off me, making me miss his warm body heat.

  "Come on!  It's present time!!!"  I sighed happily and climbed out of bed, letting him pull me upstairs where the rest of his family already sat, apart from his sister who was still sleeping.  She didn't care what day it was.  If you woke her up before noon when there was no school, you should be prepared to lose a limb.  She had told everyone not to wait for her. 

  "Open mine first."  I whispered in his ear.  I watched as he pulled the small box from under the tree and anxiously made his way over to me, plopping down in my lap.  He immediately pulled at the ribbon and let it slip to the floor.  I bit my lip nervously.  I hoped he liked it...

  "Aussie...Wow...It's..Beautiful.  Oh my gosh, it's so pretty!"  I smiled and pulled the chain from the box.  I pointed at the pendant.

  "Read it."  He took the chain from me and read the heart shaped pendant.

  "Rain and wind won't keep me away, as long as you want me, I'm here to stay. -A."  He whispered.  I could tell he had tears running down his face.

  "Do you like it?"  He nodded and wiped his face.

  "Put it on for me?"  I smiled and took the chain again and put it on him, kissing the back of his neck lightly.  "I love you so much."  He turned and kissed me softly.

  "I love you too."  He grinned and climbed off my lap, heading toward the tree again.

  "Your turn now baby."  I chuckled and took the gift from him, setting it on the seat beside me. 

  "Not yet."  I said, noticing his parents had left, probably to give us some privacy.  "I want to kiss my gorgeous boyfriend.  He blushed and sat back down on my lap, pushing his lips to mine again in a fiery kiss.  This boy was perfect.  I knew I needed him in my life before, but I am so happy that he wasn't only my best friend, but now the love of my life.  I knew I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

He was my forever.

My love.

My solace.

Okay, is everyone still alive?  No death from cuteness?  No?  Ok good.  AREN'T THEY SO FRICKEN ADORABLE.  Is it sad that I fangirl over my own characters?

Anywhoooo, as some of you may already know, I entered a couple writing contests... A short story contest (which I sadly did not place in *wipes tear*), and a poetry contest in which I am still waiting for results... Because of the contests, I had to remove some of my writing from Wattpad.  I will most definitely keep you all updated :)

If you haven't already, go check out some other stuffs of mine :)

Vote, follow, share the story, and comment to tell me what you think!!!  LOVE YAAA

:*

-Ash