Chapter 8: Recovery

~Dean's P.O.V~
I sat in the waiting room, my foot tapping on the floor in a fast, repetitive motion. I hated this feeling, it reminded me of when I was waiting in the hospital for my mom. But, that's different. Renee doesn't have a chance to die. Or does she? As I tried to silence those thoughts in my head, to my surprise, I saw Roman walk in.

"Hey, man. How is she?" He asked.

"I, uh, I- I-" My hands shook. I could feel emotions that I had been trying to hold back come forth. I looked and saw that Roman had noticed as well.

Roman grabbed my arm, and said, "Hey, man, look, it's okay. Let's just step outside for a little bit. You look like you could use some fresh air."

I snagged my arm away. "I can't go, I h-have to wait for Renee." I said, with my voice breaking.

Roman put his hands on my shoulders. "She'll be fine, I promise."

I laid my head on Roman's hand.

Roman brushed his hand through my hair.

"Alright, fine." I said, looking up at his puppy dog eyes.

Roman and I walked out of the hospital, and I realized it was around midnight. There was an eerie chill in the air. I began to shiver.

Roman took off his leather jacket, and passed it to me. I wrapped it around myself, and Roman put his arm around my shoulders.

We walked to his car, and Roman sat next to me in the backseat. I huddled closer to Roman, and felt the tears begin to roll.

"Woah, Dean- Jon, it's going to be okay. Shh, everything will be fine." Roman said soothingly.

I cried for a good two hours, Roman listened, and soothed me. That's true brotherhood.

"You ready to go back in?" Roman asked.

"Please go with me, Ro." I said urgently.

"Don't worry." Roman reassured me. "I will."

We both walked back into the hospital, the overwhelming scent of bleach hit my nostrils.

The doctor came up to me with a smile on his face.

"Ah, Mr. Good, just the man I wanted to see."

The doctor looked over at Roman.

"Joe Anoai." Roman shook the doctor's hand.

"So, Renee is doing well, she's currently awake."

"Could I go see her?" I asked.

"Be my guest."

I practically ran to Renee's room, with Roman tagging along behind me. A smile on his face.

"Dean!" He laughed. "Slow down!"

I finally made it to Renee's room. And there she was, her smiling face that made everything alright.

"Jon!" She said cheerily.

She reached her arms around my neck, and snuggled into the crook of my neck.

Roman walked in, and gave Renee a hug.

"So, where's Seth?" She asked.

Roman and I both looked at each other.

"Well, I asked if he wanted to come." Roman said. "But he said no. He's been acting kind of odd lately.

"Well, Seth has always been a nerd. He'll be fine." I joked.

"Jon?" Renee said questioningly.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I love you."

Y'ALL I WAS WATCHING RAW YESTERDAY AND I WAS CRYING MY EYES OUT WATCHING THE SHIELD SEE AND ACKNOWLEDGE EACH OTHER IT WAS GREAT.