Chapter 23

Rachel's POV

My head is pounding. I have my phone in my lap and my eyes on the door. In my head, I'm counting the seconds until Richard comes home. I've been trapped in our apartment with Selina since Richard left, that was at seven this morning. It is now four in the afternoon, Richard should be home in an hour. At first, we were both planning the wedding together, then at noon I was done. Selina though was not, so here she is sitting in our apartment planning Richard and I's wedding.

I don't know how she is still going, she's been over all of the books like a million times. I don't want to kick her out or ask her to leave because that's just mean. She's only trying to help but sadly she doesn't know when she's crossed the line.

There has been a couple of times where she has stopped me from going to the bathroom. She was talking about something that I don't even want at our wedding. I was ready to be done with all of it.

Eventually the hour passed and Richard came home. When Richard walked through the door, I think he mentally face palmed. He opened his mouth to say something, but Selina beat him to it.

"Oh good, you're home! We have so much to go over with you!"

Richard closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. I think he was ready to come home and relax, not deal with Selina.

"Let me go change, then we can talk." I have him a look because I was hoping he'd tell off Selina. Selina just nodded and Richard left the room to go change.

He came back after a few minutes and sat down on the couch next to me. He kissed me on the head and whispered sorry in my ear. I just sighed and placed my head on his shoulder.

We sat there listening to Selina for a couple of  hours. We both knew that she could go all night but we were ready to be done. I gave Richard a look and he sighed.

"Hey Selina, can we be done. I'm really tired and I just want to relax."

Selina had a disappointed look on her face, but slowly got up and grabbed some of the books.

"That's alright, I understand. I'll be back tomorrow though. We can continue tomorrow!"

She smiled at me and I smiled back. After she grabbed all of the books she wanted, she left. I almost cried when she was gone. I wanted to cry tears of joy because she was gone, but I also wanted to cry tears of sadness because she was going to be back tomorrow.

Richard held me close and kissed my head again.

"You could come to work with me tomorrow. Selina won't look for you there. I would love it if you came."

"I could do that, or I could have a girls day in Metropolis. She wouldn't drive that far, would she?"

If one of the girls you invite told her. Rachel, I wouldn't take the chance. She really doesn't like the BPD, so she wouldn't ever go there."

I nod my head. He had a valid point.

"We have to eat out tomorrow though, because you never know if she could be watching."

"I agree, but for tonight let's eat dinner and relax."

I nod my head again, then go to the kitchen and make dinner.

~~~~~~The next morning~~~~~

Rachel's POV

Richard and I got up early that morning to eat, do our morning routines, and leave. We didn't want to get caught by Selina. Now I know what we're doing might seem mean, but trust me it's necessary.

We were there all day and Selina never showed up, but then again we still had a few hours left. Sadly I spoke to soon as well.

I was enjoying myself, planning the wedding at my pace and taking breaks whenever. While I was planning, the phone on Richard's desk rang. He answered it and listened to the person on the other end. When he hung up, he looked horrified.

"She's here and is on her way up."

I quickly got up and found a spot to hide all of my stuff. I was looking around for a place to hide and I spotted the only place that looked decent. I pushed Richard back away from his desk, then I hid under it.

It felt like I was under his desk for forever, waiting for her to come up. When she did, I swear I stopped breathing.

"Hey Richard, have you seen Rachel?" I really didn't want to hear her voice today.

"Uh, you just missed her. She just left to head home, I'll be joining her soon. Pretty excited!" He is sometimes a terrible actor.

I heard her give a disappointed sigh, say her goodbyes, then leave.

I stayed under the desk for a few minutes just to make sure she was gone. When I felt "safe", I came out. I felt like the happiest person alive when I crawled out from under the desk, but it was short lived.

Right as I got out, Selina walked back to tell Richard something and she saw me. I felt like crying because I knew I had to go home and plan for the wedding, for hours most likely.

When Selina saw me she got really excited and started to make her way to me. When she reached me, she linked our arms together and she started to take me out of the police station. It was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for the late update. My life has just been really busy and I didn't have time to write  and when I did have time to write I really didn't feel like writing. Hopefully after this my schedule will be more normal and I can update normally again.

Sorry for all of the mistakes in this chapter, if there are any, I quickly read over this so I could get it published.

Thank you all for your patience!