Chapter 16

Not edited

Rachel's POV

It's been a few hours after my shower and Richard and I were just sitting there, enjoying the silence. Of course Richard was the one to ruin it.

"Have you ever thought about getting married?" He asked. I give him a funny look and responded with the only concern in my mind.

"You're going to propose to me in hospital?" Richard gave me a look that pleaded for me to not be funny, but I was actually serious.

"No, I'm just asking. Besides I would really put a lot of my time and effort into a huge proposal."

I was about to respond when my phone started to ring, it was Victor, so I answered.

"Hey, uh, sorry but I have to make this fast. I'm about to get on a flight, with my girls, and head to Jump. I recently got a message saying Kori is in labor." He says kinda fast and slightly out of breath.

I slouch in my seat and sigh. I want to go but, I can't leave Richard alone in the hospital, what kind of girlfriend would I be? Yet I really want to go home and pack my bags so I can meet the baby when she gets here. I also know if I leave Richard he will most likely try to do a backflip off one of the stair cases, knowing him.

I sigh again. "I would love to be on the next fight down to Jump but, I need to be here."

Victor doesn't respond so I know he's trying to figure out why.

"Seriously! You haven't heard all of the issues between Richard and the public? Well, long story short, Richard is in the hospital because the public literally attacked him."

Victor gives an 'ah' then says, "I understand. I'll let the others know about Dick's situation and that you will be down as soon as possible." I smile because he's the best and thank him.

After I thank him, we say our goodbyes and hang up. When I look back at Dick, he gives me his best disappointed look but, I can see that he's actually happy that I decided to stay behind for him. I just smile at him and tell him he needs to get his rest. He listens and soon he's sleeping peacefully.

A couple days later

Richard and I were watching TV when we heard a knock on our door. We turned the TV off and the doctor came in. He had a pleasant smile on his face and looked overly happy.

"Well, I have some good news for you Mr.Grayson." He paused for effect. "The hospital is running out of room to hold patients so, we are sending you home today."

His smile got bigger, somehow possible, and he turned to exit the room, probably getting release papers.

I heard Dick laughing at me because I had the most offended look in my face. Seriously, what doctor walks in to tell you that you're going home because the hospital has no more room for patients? He could have walked in and left the "no room in the hospital" thing out of the conversation and just send us home. I sigh and get up. I tell Richard I'm going to leave and check on the apartment real quick to make sure everything was good there. Honestly I was going there to pack a bag so I could leave for Jump.

I leave the hospital, arrive at the apartment and pack my bag, then quickly return to the hospital to pick up Dick. He gets and the car and sighs, I can tell that he's ready to go home but, he technically he isn't.

When I drive past our apartment building, Dick notices right away.

"Uh, Rachel? You know we just passed our place, right?"

I smile, "Yep, but we're still going home." He looks at me and sighs.

"Please tell me we aren't going where I think we're going." He looks out the window to see the sign that says "Now entering Gotham" and groans.

"Why are we going to Wayne Manor? I just want to go home, our home, and sleep in our bed." I sigh.

"Do you really want to know?" I look over and he nods his head. "Ok it's because I don't trust you being home alone in the condition you're in. For all I know, while I'm in Jump, you will try try to do things you can't do. Like doing a backflip out of the window or something crazy like that. That's why I'm taking you to Wayne Manor so someone can constantly watch you."

He just looks at me. "What makes you think I won't try to to jump on a chandelier then do a backflip off of that? This place has more things for me to jump off of." I just give him a look.

"Alfred will keep you in bed and so will Bruce and Damian and many more so, I don't have to worry any." After that conversation everything went quiet.

After a while I look over at Dick seeing him give me the 'don't take me there' look but, I just ignore it.

Soon, I pull into the driveway and up to the door. I help Dick out of the car, and he still has that look on his face. We walk up to the door and Alfred opens it even before we knock. We walk inside and I give Dick a hug and a kiss before I quickly leave.

I don't mean to leave him so quickly but, I really want to see this baby. I know he'll survive a couple of days with his family. I hope.