Never Enough

"So, you're saying you're not entirely certain that Gryffindor can beat Ravenclaw in the upcoming game?" Draco mused as he shrugged on his cloak.

"I'd say it's less than 50% and that's me being optimistic." Harry replied, voice muffled as he pulled on a black jumper.

"That bad?" Draco arched an eyebrow at Harry before casting a quick Tempus. "We're going to miss breakfast if you don't hurry, Potter."

Harry sauntered over and slid his hands around Draco's waist, splaying his fingers over his arse. "That's Coach Potter to you, Malfoy." He purred into Draco's mouth before seizing his lips in a long, searing kiss that left Draco's knees buckling.

"H-Harry... stop... or you'll be late to practice..." Draco panted into their kiss as Harry's wandering hand found their way between his legs and began to palm the growing bulge of his erection.

Harry huffed, biting and licking Draco's lip as he reluctantly relinquished his hold on Draco's crotch.

"Insatiable beast." Draco laughed throatily, nuzzling the crook of Harry's neck, delighting at the sight of the angry bruise he'd left there the previous night.

"You love it." Harry grinned, pressing a soft kiss on Draco's temple. "Come on, then. I'm famished." He declared, dragging Draco out the door.

Draco bit his lips at the word Harry had used.

Love.

Draco did love it. Merlin knows how much he loved the things Harry did to him in bed. He loved everything about Harry. He even loved the fact that Harry was such a slob, leaving his clothes strewn all over their dorm room.

Draco inwardly sighed. He knew how he felt about Harry but he didn't know whether or not it was reciprocated. He didn't doubt that Harry was sexually attracted to him. That much was obvious at least. However, they still hadn't acknowledged whatever this was between them.

Were they dating? Secretly, of course, since neither of them had breathed a word of it to anyone else. Nonetheless, Draco knew people had begun to suspect that something more was going on between them. It was evident in the pointedly knowing looks their friends and Housemates had been giving them, not to mention the increasing hostility the rest of the student body had been aiming at Draco. Harry just seemed oblivious to it all or maybe he just didn't care.

Or were they just friends with benefits? Was that how Harry looked at it? Was that the reason why Harry had been content with just letting things go on as they had been?

Draco's heart ached at the thought. If that was indeed the case, he should just accept it. He'd already gotten more than he could ever wish for. He'd hoped for Harry's friendship and Harry had given him much more than that.

Draco knew Harry cared about him, but Harry cared about all of his friends. Harry would die for any one of them. The only difference between Draco and Weasley was the fact that Harry was shagging him while Weasley was only good for a round or two of Exploding Snap.

Draco squeezed Harry's hand as they made their way down to the Common Room. Harry turned and gave him that endearingly attractive, lopsided smile.

Yes, if that was what Harry wanted from him --- a friend with benefits, then Draco could live with it. It was enough that he was even able remain at Harry's side. At least once the benefits had reached its expiration date, Draco still had the friendship part of the equation to hold on to.

Its enough.

As they reached the archway leading into the Common Room, Harry softly ran his thumb along the back of Draco's hand and let go. Draco watched, bereft and achingly hollow as Harry left him in the stairwell to join his Gryffindor mates.