What Remains to be Said

It had been a couple of weeks since that first unforgettable night. Draco was still in somewhat of a disbelief. He was no doubt deliriously happy but he couldn't help the twinge of unease that constantly twisted in his gut. He figured it was only natural since he had no concrete idea of what they were to one another. They acted the same as usual around their friends, implicitly agreeing to keep whatever it was between them a secret. Neither of them confirmed nor denied anything to one another, their unspoken words continued to hang heavily in the air between them. Harry never brought it up, so Draco decided to follow his lead and ignore the ginormous elephant in the room.

The morning after had been nerve wracking for Draco. He'd woken up, feeling pleasantly well-shagged and relaxed. It had taken him a moment to realise that, yes, he'd indeed been shagged the previous night and had come rather spectacularly frotting against one Harry James Potter. He had slept on Harry's bed and was even cuddled up against him. Draco had been mortified when he remembered what he'd done that led to such a situation. As he tried to get up and leave, Harry had woken up and stared blankly at him. Suddenly feeling defensive, Draco had quickly closed in on himself. He'd eyed Harry guardedly, ready to grab his wand, as he waited with baited breath for whatever vitriol or hex Harry was about to throw at him.

What had happened next still made Draco's heart clench and flutter even days later. Harry had grinned at him as he stretched languidly. He'd then reached over and pulled Draco flush against his chest, pressing a lingering kiss against Draco's temple, murmuring a soft, "Good morning."

And just like that, every single wall that Draco had ever built around himself had collapsed. And every morning ever since then had been good. The nights were even better.

They had done much of the same, going no further than frotting or touching, getting one another off without their pants in the way. Harry's kisses alone were enough to reduce Draco into a quivering pile of goo. It made him shudder with aching need just imagining how it would feel like to have Harry's wicked mouth and lascivious tongue on his cock. He hoped he would find out soon enough.

They had also begun to open up more. Talking, tentatively at first, about things that they'd carefully avoided in the past. Eventually, they'd started delving into heavier conversations and muddier waters, both knowing that these things needed to be aired out. It had been rough and painful, but they'd managed to wade through it relatively unscathed.

It had been a revelation for both of them listening to one another talk about their experiences growing up and during the War.

Draco had been appalled and angered beyond belief when he'd learned about Harry's childhood living with his abusive Muggle family. He couldn't fathom leaving a child locked up in a cupboard under the stairs with little to no food. Draco had wanted to end them. He still did. Harry, of course, ever the noble Gryffindor, had said no.

Harry had been shocked and horrified when he'd found out that Draco's Father had been quite abusive as well, beating 'sense' into Draco whenever he'd questioned more than a few of their Pureblood ideologies. He and his Mother had been helpless prisoners, suffering under Lucius' thumb, but the public, of course, never knew any of this. It had all been kept tightly under wraps and the Malfoys continued to portray the epitome of a Paragon Pureblood family. It had all been a lie and a terrible joke.

Harry had been fascinated when Draco told him that he'd spent all summer living in Muggle London after his trial. Harry had laughed and teased him when he'd gushed about the ingenuity and incredible accomplishments of the Muggles despite their lack of Magic. In a few short months, Draco had fallen in love with their lifestyle, music, art, and especially their literature. After experiencing the Muggle world for himself, it had angered him to know that everything Lucius had ever said or taught him about Muggles was false.