VI - Getting This Growth Spell Going

It's been about a week now since Steve had found James in his barn, and so far, James living with them has been pretty good. Though, there's still the whole issue about Elizabeth and Grace not trusting the man, which Steve is hoping that eventually his daughters will become somewhat trusting of James. If James is going to stay with them for awhile, then he wants his daughters to get along with James.

Which is why today, while Steve has to go into work at his blacksmith's shop, he's hoping that Elizabeth and Grace are able to take that time to get to know James. Maybe when Elizabeth and Grace go out apple picking with Natasha Barton, James can go with them. Steve's going to have to talk with James about that before he heads on off to work.

The problem is though, Steve can't seem to find James anywhere in the house at all. It's like he just, disappeared into thin air. Maybe he's already moved on from this town? Surely not, since it's only been a week. But Steve does remember James telling him that he doesn't like being in one place for very long. Though, surely he wouldn't have left already after only a week?

Shaking his head, Steve feels as though he's being stupid. James is probably just outside somewhere, enjoying the morning air. Yeah, that's probably where James is at right now. It seems more ideal anyway, as Steve doubts that James would've left after only a week. Especially not since he's got his own job here at The Howling Wolf tavern.

Well, wherever James is at right now - which Steve is really hoping he's just outside somewhere, possibly in the barn as he's noticed that he tends to go out there often - that he's okay. He's probably okay of course, but for some strange reason that Steve cannot quite place, he honestly hopes that nothing bad happens to James. In the week that Steve has known James, he's come to really like the guy and all the mysteriousness surrounding him, and he'd hate to see him get hurt.

So wherever James is right now, Steve can only hope that he's not in any trouble whatsoever.

Luckily for Steve, James is still lurking round the property, and hasn't had any reason to move out of this town yet.

Over in the barn outside, James sat on one of the haystacks flipping through his spellbook as he tries to find the spell he's looking for. The spell to make the gardens grow, but over a period of time, so it's not too suspicious that the garden is just suddenly growing very well overnight. He should really start to memorize a lot more spells than the ones that he's already got memorized, and unfortunately the spell that he's looking for isn't one of the ones that he's already got memorized. To be fair though, he's only really used this specific spell once before.

"Where is it..." James trails off, flicking through the pages of his spellbook.

He knows the spell is in there somewhere, but considering how big his spellbook is, he cannot recall what page the spell he is searching for is on. All he knows, is that it's round the middle of the book somewhere, but exactly what page, that information has frustratingly left his mind right at the precise moment he needs it.

If there was ever contests held for the best witches in witchcraft, James knows that he definitely would place nowhere near first place. He definitely doesn't class himself as an extremely good witch, but he doesn't exactly class himself as the world's worst witch either. He supposes he's just any old average witch really, nothing special.

It's just a good thing he's a good enough witch to hide in plain sight, and good enough to hide his witch ways. Well, most of the time anyway... Of course there's a couple times he has been found out, but he's left those towns long behind him. There also was his pirate days where they found out about his witch ways, but they didn't care so much about him practising witchcraft. He was rather surprised by that, but to be fair, they're outlaws just as much as he is, so it shouldn't have really came to too much of a surprise.