Chapter 18

I was trying to get a glimpse of a person standing infront of me from so many days. Yet, there I was, at loss of words when I stared at her pale face. A face which was once filled with attitude, ego and pride at being themselves.

“What do you mean?” I uttered almost breathlessly.

“We need to talk.”

I can’t believe my eyes for what I was seeing. Jennifer Williams never looked that scared. Her lips were chapped and her eyes had a dark circles with evident bags beneath them. I was horrified to see once such a beautiful diva, a girl who can easily cut someone’s self esteem merely by her words, was standing in front of me looking like a death.

“About what?” I once again found myself muttering really slowly. It was probably because I didn’t want any other kind of problem in my life. I still feared that Jennifer might be the one who send Blake and Chris to talk to me.

“About everything you know.”

Her eyes had lost their spark and she looked almost at the verge of crying. I don’t know what had happened to Jennifer, but something was definitely wrong and I could tell that.

“What do you mean?” I asked. I didn’t know why all of a sudden people just began to appear out of thin air in my life, demanding answers from me. It was kind of strange. No. It was hell a lot strange.

“You know exactly what I meant!” She screamed but even her scream was not threatening enough.

For the first time I didn’t feel intimidated by Jennifer Williams.

“Damn it Jennifer! What the hell are you talking about? And what the heck happened to you?” I asked. I had no idea why I asked her about her health. Maybe it was due to Jennifer's state that was making me bit worried about her.

“Exactly that is what I want to know! What had happened to me, Amanda! I know, Amanda, only you can answer my questions.”

Her eyes became red with unshed tears. Her words were making me confused. I didn’t know what she was talking about but her face held a sceptical look; like she wanted to solve a puzzle.

A puzzle we were forbidden to solve.

“I have no idea what you are talking about Jennifer. How can I answer you when I can not understand a word you are saying.” I asked her, puzzeled at her behaviour.

I was confused and Jennifer  was confusing me even more. The reason why I was trying to clear some cloud over mine and Jennifer’s head. But somehow this enraged Jennifer as the next thing I remember was Jennifer launching herself at me, taking me complety off guard, and slapping me right across my face!

Two things I learned in past few days —Do not roam alone in the hallways, like NEVER! Always try your best to be with the gathering. And second when people demand answers from you, just find a nearest escape and run out of there like your ass is on fire.

Before I can respond to Jennifer’s action or cry like a baby in front of her, Jennifer spoke, “ Don’t you fucking lie to me now! I know that you were there! I have been spending so many sleepless night just to understand what the fuck happened that day. You are my only hope! Tell me what happened that day Amanda!” she demanded. Just then the switch was flipped in my head and the bulb finally lighten up above my head. I understood after that what she was talking about, I am not that thick headed person. I knew what she was referring to then and there.

But what if it is just one of her trick? Just like the way Tyler tricked me?  those Were the biggest questions running through my mind at that moment.