One.

•••

Reader's POV:

Ramona invited me to her house this afternoon. We are working on a project together and we decided to work at her place. I'm a little nervous because I know she lives with SO many people, and I get nervous quick, but she told me not to worry.

•••

Fuller House

"So what should we write about. I want to make this a great project. Ooo! When we present we can dance and I have this song I have been practicing my dance moves with and-" Ramona stops, looking over at me.

"That's sounds like a bit much for an English essay, doesn't it?" I ask

"Uh, yeah. Sorry Y/N. I got a little excited." Ramona responds. We both break out into a fit of giggles. Then the door opens.

"Hey guys. What's so funny?" Jackson asks.

OMG! I thought Ramona said he was working on his English project at his partners house! I might have a teensy winsy crush on him.

"Nothing. And hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to Rocki's for the assignment." Sighs Ramona.

Ugh. Rocki. She is all Jackson ever talks about. They went to summer school together and ever since then Jackson has been different. He wears all black and tries to hide his emotions.

"We couldn't work there. Her mom is at yoga, or whatever." He says with a low voice, rolling his eyes.

"Alright, well, you two better not bother me and Y/N!" Romona exclaims.

"Okay, okay. We'll be upstairs and uh, hi Y/N." Jackson says winking. He and Rocki run upstairs. Rocki pauses and looks at me. Then she continues running up the stairs. Ouch. I make a face at her.

"Bye Jackson." I call to him.

•••

Later that night:

"Hey kiddos! Dinner time!" DJ calls out.

"Hey Mrs. Fuller! What's for dinner?" I ask.

"Well, I made these delicious, homemade, microwaved chicken nuggets. Enjoy!" She says while grabbing her keys and purse.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Date night! Seriously though, I'm going to the clinic to work out dates for surgeries for next week. Yippee!" DJ says with pure sarcasm. "See you kids later. Jackson, Max, don't stay up. You have school tomorrow. And Ramona, well, you're not my kid." Ramona shrugs. DJ hurries out of the kitchen and leaves.

"Ugh, I wish she could've made real food." Rocki complains.

"Ugh. I'm Rocki. I hate everything! Can you just be greatful for once." I say annoyed.

"I agree with Rocki, actually." Jackson says. Great. Now he is on her side.

•••

Morning in Ramona's room:

"Hey, Ramona. I have to tell you something. And it might sound weird but-" I start to say.

"-you like Jackson." Ramona says.

"Is it that obvious!" I say, surprised.

"Well, yes. But I wouldn't worry about Jackson finding out. He is oblivious to girls when they are flirting." Ramona says smiling slightly.

"So, is that weird. For you, I mean, he is like your brother." I say

"Unfortunately..." Ramona says slightly sarcastic.

"Also, do you have any black clothes I could wear?" Ramona brings me over to her closet and throws together an outfit.

Perfect.
"Thanks, Ramona!"

"No problem, Y/N." We grab our backpacks and walk out of her room. And then I bump into Jackson.

"Hey, watch where you're going there!" Jackson says.

"Sorry." The truth is, I'm wearing the all black outfit so Jackson can notice me the way he notices Rocki. So far, it hasn't worked. And I KNOW you aren't supposed to change for a boy but, I feel like it's the only way he will notice my existence.

•••

After School at Fuller House

"So, I noticed your outfit style has changed... drastically." Ramona says.

"Whaaaaat!?!?! Nooooo!" I says with a thick layer of sarcasm.

"You know, Y/N, you are a really great girl. You shouldn't change for a guy, and ESPECIALLY not a guy like Jackson, who wouldn't and doesn't notice." Ramona wisely explains.

"Thanks Ramona, and you're right! I'm fine just the way I am!" I say and then I storm off to Jackson's room. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. I'm going to tell Jackson how I feel about him. Everything.

"Jackson!" I say slamming the door open. I'm starting to get nervous. My hands are sweating and I'm breathing harder. No turning back now.

"I need to tell you something." I say calmly.

"What is it?" He says, putting his book down and adjusting his beanie.

Okay here goes nothing. "I like you, a LOT! And I have for a while. I like your sense of humor and your smile. And I know you don't like me and you probably like Rocki. And today I wore these all black clothes and I decided that I shouldn't have to change anything about myself for someone to like me. I wanted to tell you instead of giving you hints. And not only that but you have changed. You wear sunglasses indoors and that stupid beanie in one hundred degree weather. If this is how you are now then I wanted to tell the old Jackson that I miss him. And that's the Jackson I like. Not this shadow of him." I say, out of breath.

"Wow. I didn't know that's how you felt about me! Okay, the truth is, for the past three months I've been pretending to be someone I'm not for Rocki. And now that I think about it, she hasn't even noticed how I've changed for her. And that she isn't worth it if I have to change for her. Thanks for helping me realize that." Jackson says. He gets up and hugs me. I blush.

"I'm glad you're back, Action Jackson." I say laughing.