Flowerpaw felt warmth beside her as Dovewish stepped in beside her. "Why are you so sad? I know the Clan is struggling but an apprentice's first gathering is normally a very exciting moment."

"I know," Flowerpaw looked at her paws as they kicked up snow. "I'm just worried about Stormpaw."

"Stormpaw is sad, the bond between a mentor and apprentice is a close one. One I'm sure you understand." Dovewish mewed softly. Flowerpaw thought of Owlfoot, she genuinely did care about her mentor. I would be devastated if I lost him. She nodded. "Stormpaw will be better in time, death is hard and it always will be." She looked towards the sky. "When I was a kittypet I never really had that fear." Flowerpaw blinked, she had never heard her mother mention her life as a kittypet before. "I lived carefree without the fear of death. During leaf-bare I was warm and safe."

Flowerpaw dropped her head. "Sounds like an easy life."

"It was." There was a sense of disappointment in Dovewish's mew. Does she miss her kittypet life? "But there was no purpose or joy to my life. Every single day was the same, that is until I met your father." Flowerpaw looked into Dovewish's blue eyes, they were filled with nostalgia and love. "He showed me a new world full of adventure. It was full of dangers, yes, but also full of potential. I never once regret joining SunClan and I will never step foot into the kittypet life again." She looked at Flowerpaw with honey-like soft eyes. "If I never came with your father, then I wouldn't have fallen in love and had two wonderful daughters who I love so much."

Flowerpaw felt a warmth growing in her heart, she pressed against her mother and took in her warmth. A few moments later, Stonewhisker approached them, his amber eyes warm. "What are you two beautiful she-cats talking about?"

"Just reassuring Flowerpaw about Stormpaw." Dovewish purred. "And talking about you."

"Only good things I hope." Stonewhisker touched his nose to Dovewish's and looked at Flowerpaw. "And don't worry about Stormpaw, she's strong and always has been. She'll get through this just fine, and so will Owlfoot and his daughters in time. Death is hard, and takes time to heal, but everyone will be just fine."

SunClan reached the gathering hollow, her jaw nearly dropping when she saw the magnitude of the place. It was filled with so many cats of different shapes, sizes and colors. They all smelled so different from SunClan.

"We're the last ones to arrive." Foxstar mewed. "Let's hurry." SunClan descended into the snowy hollow, Flowerpaw looked around the many different cats. She recognized a few, including the deputy of AshClan, Ivyheart. She was talking with a group of other cats, one of which was the MoonClan deputy Cloudwind who had a lean gray tabby she-cat at her side. Also among them was an elderly brown she-cat with a golden-brown to.

"SunClan is here!" The gray MoonClan tabby called out. "We can get started."

"I apologize for being late," Foxstar mewed as he approached the other cats.

"It's fine, Foxstar." The elderly she-cat nodded. "Let's just get this started so we can get home."

"Are those cats the leaders?" Flowerpaw asked Stonewhisker quietly.

Stonewhisker nodded. "The old she-cat is Birdstar of LichenClan, and the golden-brown tom is her deputy Jumpheart. MoonClan's leader is Owlstar but it doesn't look like he is here, instead it's the deputy Cloudwind. AshClan's leader, Goldenstar is also missing. It's only Ivyheart."

"I hope that two of the leaders haven't died." Dovewish said, sounding incredibly worried.

The leaders jumped up into their trees, and it was Ivyheart who first stood up. "I will start, so I can explain why I am here instead of Goldenstar." The Clans looked up interest. "Goldenstar isn't dead, but she is too sick to travel right now. AshClan has been dealing with a terrible outbreak of greencough that has taken the life of our beloved warrior Tawnyfrost." The Clans went silent, having a moment of silence for the AshClan warrior. So the other Clans have been dealing with greencough.

Ivyheart sat down and nodded towards Cloudwind, who stood up. "I wish I could say the same about Owlstar being too sick to travel, but unfortunately Owlstar lost his final life to greencough. I am proud to be leader after his wonderful rule, and my new deputy is Ivystone."

"Owlstar was an incredibly noble and kind cat." Birdstar dipped her head. "He will be very missed, but I know you will be a wonderful leader, Cloudstar." The Clans cheered for Cloudstar and Ivystone.

"Owlstar was not our only death, however. We lost our elder Haretooth and we still have a few sick cats." Cloudstar continued. After the cheering ended, the Clans had another moment of silence.

"Haretooth was a good friend and a great warrior." Fishtail spoke up, Flowerpaw noticed she was sitting with another group of elders. The cats around her agreed.

"I'll go next." Birdstar stood up as Cloudstar sat down. "LichenClan too has been dealing with the horrors of greencough, we've only lost one cat and that was our own elder, Rockflower. A stubborn yet proud and brave she-cat." Once again, the Clans held silence. "In spite of their loss, however. I am proud to welcome three new warriors; Jaggedtail, Maplepool and Elmheart!" Flowerpaw was glad that they had something to celebrate instead of dealing with the constant silences. But SunClan still has to go. "Its your turn, Foxstar." Birdstar sat down.

"Thank you, Birdstar." Foxstar stood up, looking over the hollow. "SunClan has not been spared by greencough either this season. Our queen, Rowanfall had three kits but two of those kits died to sickness, the other remains sick. We lost our warrior Firetail as well." Flowerpaw's heart twisted, she dropped her head. All four Clans held silence for the dead cats.

"Before this gathering comes to a close," Birdstar stood up, addressing the Clans. "I just want to take this moment to appreciate the medicine cats of our Clans. They've worked so hard to keep our Clans healthy, and though I don't see any of them here tonight we know that they were working so hard to keep our Clanmates alive."

There was a series of cheers from the cats of the forest and Flowerpaw cheered along. The medicine cats had been working so hard to help their Clans.

"Sagefeather and Stormsong of LichenClan," Birdstar mewed.

"Eagleclaw and Moonpaw of AshClan." Ivyheart added.

"Skyclaw and Badgerpaw of MoonClan." Cloudstar held her head high.

"Feathernose and Honeypaw of SunClan." Foxstar's voice trembled with pride. "Without our medicine cats, the Clans wouldn't survive."

"I agree." Cloudstar dipped her head. "We should return to our homes, I pray to StarClan that all of your sick cats get healthier."

"I wish the same for all of you." Ivyheart added, jumping down from the trees. Flowerpaw stood up as the other leaders jumped down as well.

"Hopefully at the next gathering you'll be able to meet more cats." Dovewish mewed. "But it's too cold to stay here long." Flowerpaw didn't argue, she wished she could meet other cats but also wanted to be home in her warm nest.

SunClan hurried home, all eager to rest and be warm. However, when they returned, Flowerpaw was surprised to find the Clan surprisingly active. There was a new, happier feeling in the air.

"Thank StarClan you're back!" Flintstripe faced them, joy and relief burning in his green eyes. "Honeypaw found catmint!"