Chapter 2

Sorry it took so long for another chapter. Been writing on my original story too. Here is an idea of what Devil looks like.

About an hour before dinner and the feast tonight, there is a knock on the door and father sticks his head inside. "Elyria can I speak to you?"

I nod and smile, curoius what he has to tell me. He steps in with a smile, but it is a touch strained. I can tell something is weighing on his mind.

"What is the matter father?" I ask cautiously.

"You know that I am going to King's Landing as Hand of the King?" I nod and wait for him to continue. "Sansa, as future wife of Joffery, and Arya are coming with me."

"I had heard," I say still wondering what is bothering him. "Don't worry about the boys; I will make sure Theon and Robb stay out of trouble."

"I am sure you would," he says with a smile. "Unfortunately you will be coming with me too."

"What?!" I cry, a plethora of emotions running through me at his words. The thought of leaving the wild North, of being stuck in that huge city, sends ice through my heart. "This is Lady Catelyn's idea, must be!"

Father's hand on my arm stops me from rising and pacing the room. "Yes she suggested it but I need you to keep an eye on your sisters. I won't always be able to keep an eye on them and King's Landing is a dangerous place, the palace is a dangerous place."

I sigh, knowing that I have no choice. I was a fool to think that Lady Catelyn would let me stay here and continue to run wild with Robb and Theon.

"I know you do not like this, but do it for me?" His Stark grey eyes, inplore me to agree with this. "And for your sisters."

"I suppose the girls could use my protection," I say trying to sound like the idea is not depressing.

Father smiles, squeezing my hand as he stands. "Thank you; it will be a weight off my mind knowing the girls have you looking out for them." He kisses me on the top of the forehead and leaves my room.

While the rest of the family, all the full blooded Starks and Theon as he is a ward, make their way to the feast, I stomp angrily towards the training grounds. I feel the need to let off some steam and release some anger.

I find Jon already out there, hacking at a training dummy with a sword. Ghost, his dire wolf, lays nearby. Moon, my pale dire wolf, comes trotting towards me.

I scratch behind his ears with a deep sigh. I grab my bow and quiver, notch an arrow and release it into the head of Jon's training dummy with an angry growl.

Jon spins around in surprise, but relaxes when he sees me. He knows how skilled I am with a bow and that he was never in any danger of being hit.

"Want to talk about it?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I am being dragged to King's Landing," I growl loosing another arrow into the bullseye of a nearby target.

Jon nods sadly. "We each have our duties, whether we like them or not. I am off to join the Night's Watch."

We angrily return to attacking our respective targets angrily. At some point, I sneak into the kitchen and get us some food.

The next morning we are getting ready for the journey to King's Landing. Father was kind enough to agree, perhaps in hopes of pacifying me, to let me ride Devil. The stallion was rearing and striking out, fighting the poor stable boy's grip.