43

"So then you start work tomorrow?" Yoongi asks while shuffling around in the kitchen.

"Yup" I grin.

"I'm happy for you" he says as he starts cooking food for us.

"So how are things going at work? Are you writing new songs for a comeback?" I ask.

"Yeah, we are. It's stressful but even when I'm at my worst I know I can always come back home to you and everything will be okay again" Yoongi smiles.

"Of course" I say.

It felt as if we had been together all along.

We were happy again.

"Here you go" Yoongi says as he sets food down in front of me.

"Thank you" I say as we begin to eat and make small talk.

Once we're finished we head over to the couch and sit down in front of the tv Yoongi and I had chipped in money together to buy.

"Did you want to watch a movie?" He asks.

"Sure" I say as I grab the blanket and place it over me and cover my hands and toes that were freezing.

"Scoot closer" Yoongi says and when I do he moves under the blankets and pulls me closer to him, giving me his warmth.

I smile and lean my head against his shoulder and we watch the movie together.

It was great to be with Yoongi like old times.

Since Yoongi had gotten through the hardest stages in his career he had more time to be with me and he wasn't gone every second of every day.

I was glad for that.

Even though I knew he'd still have to leave we promised each other it wouldn't ruin anything.

Everything would be okay between the two of us and I wouldn't let it slip away from me,

not again and not ever.
-
"I'll see you tomorrow" Yoongi smiles as he pulls me closer and kisses me gently.

"Alright" I smile as I wave goodbye and watch as he drives away.

Once he's gone I head inside of work where I find Zico sitting at the piano and playing a song.

The same song we had played together to be exact.

When he notices me he stops and stands up.

"Oh hey" he says.

"Yo" I say as I set my bag down on the counter.

"So I guess you can just re stock for today if you want" Zico says.

"Okie dokie, boss" I grin and he laughs and heads behind the counter.

Surprisingly enough the atmosphere around us wasn't awkward but instead felt very comfortable.

I was happy to be back and I was definitely looking forward to becoming close with Zico again.

We both knew exactly how he felt but in the end,

we'd just stay friends.