29

"Is the puppy helping? You seem happier" Zico says the next day at work.

"Well yeah but Yoongi came home and stayed the night last night" I smile.

"I'm glad you got to see him" Zico smiles.

"Me too" I say as I smile down at my lock screen.

It was a picture we had taken yesterday of Yoongi and I with the puppy.

"So what are your plans for after work?" He asks and I look over at him and shrug.

"I was just going to go home and play with the puppy" I laugh.

"How about I come too. I mean you could use some company right?" Zico asks.

"That would be nice actually" I smile.

"Good. Then it's settled" he says then walks over and takes care of the customer at the register.

Aside from Zico I had exactly two close friends.

Yoongi and f/n.

F/n had moved so I didn't get to see her very often but we had made plans for her to come visit soon so I was excited about that.

I was excited to hang out with Zico.

At least I wouldn't feel as lonely.

Of course the puppy helped but it was nice to have other human company ya know.

With that I get back to work.
-
"It's weird being here. I usually just see the outside when I drop you off" Zico laughs as I push open the door to the apartment.

"It's nice isn't it? Yoongi let me decorate" I grin.

"Yeah it's cozy" he says and I smile.

"Thanks, I try" I laugh as I shut the door behind him.

"Hey there buddy" Zico says as he squats down and picks the puppy up.

"Have you chose a name yet?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's Yoongs" I say and he glances over at me.

"After Yoongi?" He asks.

"Yeah" I say and he laughs and nods.

"So, what do you usually do around here anyway?" He asks as he looks around.

"Mainly just play piano or play with the puppy honestly" I say.

"Then how about we play the piano" he suggests.

"Sure" I smile as I walk over to it and sit down in Yoongi's usual spot.

I at least wanted to sit here so it wasn't like his spot had been replaced.

Silly, I know.

"What song should we play?" Zico asks, smiling over at me.

"Any song you want" I say and he nods.

"Then how about the first song I ever taught you" he says and I smile and place my fingers on the keys.

We play the song together and just enjoy the music.

It always felt nice playing the piano with someone else.

It's like you match minds or something.

Like a connection through the keys.

I still remember one time I played the piano with Yoongi's brother and Yoongi actually thought I was cheating because I played the piano with someone other than him.

He then later admitted that what he thought was stupid and not to worry about it.

Even though he told me to forget about it to this day the memory still comes back whenever I play the piano with someone else.

I stop mid key and place my hands in my lap.

"What are you doing?" Zico questions as he continues to play.

"I'm just tired is all" I say.

He nods and continues.

I sit there and listen to the music and as weird as it sounds, the feeling was different.

I glance over at Zico and my heart clenches.

It's different and I know why.

It's not him,

it's not my Yoongi.