What the Glass Showed Bessie (Bessie's P.O.V.)

"You ladies have a pleasant day, and Elphaba, try and enjoy yourself

"You ladies have a pleasant day, and Elphaba, try and enjoy yourself." I say as she shoots a glare at me before storming off to the carriage. I can't help but chuckle at Elphaba's reaction, but it will do her some good to get out of the house. She spends way too much time inside lately. Speaking of I should take advantage of the girls being gone and clean their rooms.

I go and collect my cleaning supplies. "Now where to begin?" I say looking around. "Glinda's room or Elphaba's...." I bite my lip. "I believe that I will start in... in Elphaba's room." I start towards her room.

I open the door to her room slowly, and the first thing I notice is that is very dark. I slowly make my way over towards the window and stumble over Oz knows what. I eventually make it over to her window and open the curtains and open them. Looking around I let out a gasp. "Sweet Oz!." I say quietly as I stare around the room in amazement, and it isn't just how messy the room is either. There are several piles of books stacked precariously around the room. On a shelf near the window she has about five plants. All in various stages of growth. Bunches of dried flowers also hang around the room.

I look away from the bunches of flowers, and I notice the real mess. "How in Oz can that girl find anything in here?" I say as my scan the pile of dirty clothes in the corner, several dirty dishes are on a table, crumpled pieces of papers litter the floor, and I am not sure how many layers of dust cover things . Her bedding is in a wadded up ball in the middle of her bed. The walls are covered in papers that are covered in hastily scribbled notes. If it wasn't for the vials that are laying open or tipped over spilled on the dresser than the room may have smelled worse, and as it is I would be hard pressed to describe the scent. How did Glinda and I not realize how terribly filthy her room has gotten? This can't be healthy. In fact, I know it isn't.

Sighing I set to work collecting the pile of dirty clothes from the corner along with her bedding. May as well wash that too while I'm at it, and I take them out and drop the piles into the laundry baskets to be washed later. After that I go about collecting the dirty dishes, and take them to the kitchen. There is Oz knows what growing on these plates and cups, and I can honestly say I gagged from the smell. How did we not smell these in the other room?

Once I return to Elphaba's room I begin the daunting task if sweeping and then dusting everything. I chuckle s little as I get a small area dusted. "Why I'll be? There is a desk under all that grime." I hum a bit as I go back to dusting.

I am almost finished with the dusting when I catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye. "What in the..." I turn to the right and notice a green glow. I hadn't noticed until now a glass ball that obviously had been broken and reassembled.

Slowly approaching it I study it. It's very beautiful even with the cracks. The more I look at it the more it seems that there is something to see in it. "What is it you are trying to show me?" I whisper not really sure why I am talking to a broken glass ball, but I sit down in the chair in front of it and watch closely as a cloudy vision appears.