An Invitation For an Outing

I'm not sure how much longer I was asleep, but I'm awoken by a quiet knocking noise

I'm not sure how much longer I was asleep, but I'm awoken by a quiet knocking noise. What is that? I think as I slowly open my eyes, and suddenly realize there is someone knocking on the door. Rolling over I barely catch myself before I end up falling in the floor.

"Elphie, are you in there?" I hear as I don my robe and shuffle to the door. Opening the door I blink sleepily and smile as I see Glinda. "Good morning. Did I wake you?" She asks a little nervous.

"Morning." I say as I give a small yawn and nod. "It's okay though. I should be up anyways." I smile and open the door a little wider. "Please come it."

"Thank you." She says with a smile as she enters the room. I close the door and go over to my wardrobe and start looking through it. "Sorry to have woken you up, but I wanted to know if you would like to spend the day outside today? I was thinking we could go for a walk in the woods, and then maybe have a picnic lunch near the brook?"

I glance over at her then look out the window, and nod. "That sounds like it would be nice, and it looks as if it is going to be a beautiful sunny day." I select a light blue sundress and head to the bathroom.

After several minutes I hear Glinda call to me. "Hey, Elphie?"

"What is it Glinda?" I say coming out from the bathroom. She turns to look at me. "I was wondering if you would wear your hair up in a braid today?" I give her a slightly surprised look. "I... I suppose I can, but why?" I asks tilting my head to side a little watching her. "Its, well, it's that you use to wear your hair like that once. When we attending Shiz." She blushes slightly embarrassed for some reason and looks quickly down at the floor, and she looks so cute!

"Oh, I didn't know that, or I mean, I don't remember that, but I will wear it in a braid if you would like. I don't mind."

"Really? Are you sure?" She looks up as grins at me. I smile back and nods taking a seat at my vanity "Just give a few minutes and I will be ready to go."

"Okay! I am just going to go let Bessie know what we are doing and see if she can't whip something up for us to have for lunch." She quickly leaves to go find her, and begin brushing my hair. After a bit I finish braiding my hair and go to meet Glinda.

I meet her out on the porch where she is waiting a basket. She smiles as I come out. "Ready to go?" She asks in a sing song voice. I smile and nod. "Ready." I say and she takes my hand, and we start towards the woods. I am not exactly sure what it is, but when she takes my hand it feels so... so perfect.