Broken Strings (One Shot English)

Start from the beginning

“Hebe..” Aaron was about to say something.

“What is it?” I asked and faced him. I looked at his eyes and they were serious. What could be the thing he wanted to tell me? Will he say that he already have a girlfriend? No way! I always like Aaron being the one who thinks of studies first. But I also have this special feeling for him. You know the L-O-V-E thing.

“I really like you since the very first chance we’ve met. And as time pass by, I realize that my feeling towards you is very special. It’s not like how “a best friend feel for her best friend thing” but more than that. I wasn’t aware of this feeling not until one day, when you said you are going to leave Taiwan for your masteral. I know, it’s very corny and doesn’t make sense to you but I just want to confess my feelings for you. Now, I am hoping that this confession will turn to be the best and right thing I will do for my entire life and hoping that you will accept my love. So, Hebe, I just want to tell you that I Love You,” Aaron confessed. I didn't know that he also have the same feelings for me. I thought I will just keep these feelings of mine forever or until I found my true love. Now, I think my world stopped instantly. Everything had come to a halt. The task that I will search for my true love hasn’t started yet and now it ended. I should say yes to this man, whom I really, truly love and admire.

Once I knew, I was hugging him very tight and the tears are rolling down from my eyes. I am saying “yes” all the way as I tighten my hug to Aaron. I can feel Aaron’s grip on my waist tighten also.

The wind blew harder as the leaves from the old oak tree fall down to the ground. It’s like the confetti’s which is being thrown to the newly wed couple. Another love story was witnessed by the old oak tree.

Flashback I—Ends.

The breeze of the wind. I can feel them as I shivered from the coldness it gave me. The dance started. Wilber asked me for the dance as I agreed to it. We were dancing inside the dance circle together with other couples. The song was nice and smooth not until it shifted to another song. Once I knew, it was the song for our, Aaron and me, first dance together in the prom.

It was a slow dance but I move slower than the dance. Wilber noticed that I am having no fun at all. He asked me if I were OK. I nodded but the real thing is not. How can I be OK if the thing is, I am dancing my first dance song with my husband who happened to be just a friend to me? I wish I was dancing with him, Aaron.

We were moving like a sweet macaroni when I accidentally bumped to someone. I bowed right before her and say my apologies not until she say my name. It was my best friend, Selina and she was dancing with Aaron.

I felt awkward once I saw Aaron. I greeted Selina with a happy tone and Aaron with just a smile. I introduced Wilber to them as Selina got hooked by the moment. We decided to go back to our table and get joined by them, Selina and Aaron.

Wilber and Selina got into business which left us, Aaron and me, into silence. I wanted to talk to him. I want to know what happened to him after I left Taiwan . I wanted to know if he already have a wife and children. I wanted to know everything about him. This silence was like the silence during our first fight.

Flashback II

“Guys! Don’t you want to talk? I was like blabbering nonsense here and still you don’t bother to stop me?! Are you, guys, having a fight?!” Selina asked us. Yes, we are in a fight! It’s all Aaron’s fault! He said he will fetch me for the dinner last night but turn out to be only me, going to the dinner party.