Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Kate's POV

I watched as Dally strolled into the DX with such confidence. I admired the way his lips twitched into a smirk when he caught my eyes on him and I quickly looked away.

"Well, look who it is," Soda smirked. "Were your ears burning, Dal, 'cause we were just talkin' bout ya."

My eyes widened in horror, and I couldn't believe Soda had actually just said that. I had hoped he would keep this to himself, but it looked like he had other intentions.

"Oh really, what was it about?" Dally asked with a chuckle.

"Me and Kate were just talking about..." Soda started, but I cut him off quickly.

"Just about how me and you like the same cigarette brand," I said, and I instantly realized how stupid it sounded.

"Okay?" Dally said, and it came out more like a question.

Soda just rolled his eyes, and I stuck my tongue out at him. I was definitely going to yell at him later for it.

Dally hung out with us for a little while longer, and he didn't mention anything about last night. Maybe he wanted to do it in private, I just didn't know. I doubted he even wanted to talk about it, and he probably just wanted to forget about it. Half of my brain told me just to forget about it, but the other half wanted something more to happen. I was extremely conflicted, but I willed myself to just go with the flow for the time being. It would hopefully work out better that way.

He left about an hour later, and I immediately hit Soda in his shoulder.

"What the hell was that for?!" he exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder.

"For almost telling Dally we were talking about him!" I exclaimed. "I'm sure you know better than anyone right now, other than Silpa, what went down last night. And I can't believe you just did that!"

"You're right, I do know. And the only reason why I did it is because I think you like Dally and he likes you back," Soda explained.

"So you knew I was lying last night?" I asked.

"Yup," Soda smiled. "You weren't at your best last night, I'll tell you that. Normally you're great at lying."

"Yeah, I know," I grumbled.

"So I'm right about you liking him?" he asked.

"Yup. But don't tell anyone yet. You and Silpa are the only ones that know."

"I feel so important. I'm one of two people, a best friend at that, that knows a secret about Kate Boyle," Soda said, resting his clenched hands on his waist like Superman.

"Not to burst your bubble, man, but it's not that important of a role," I smiled.

"So you're saying I'm not your best friend?" he said with a fake look of hurt, grabbing at his chest.

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p' and smirking at him. He began to fake cry, and I just laughed at him more. Suddenly, he stopped fake crying and shot me a glare.

"So even if I was actually crying, you would still laugh at me?" he said.

"Probably," I laughed even harder.

"Great to know," he grumbled.

"Oh, c'mon Soda. If it'll make you happy, then you are my bestest friend," I said.

"I doubt that," he smiled.

"A bigger bestest friend than Silpa," I stated.

"Okay then, I believe you now," he laughed.