9

Zayn's P.O.V

The phone rang. It was Justin.  So I let it ring. I was so upset. So mad that I could get myself in this situation. Why am I even mad? Justin and I were barely friends. I shouldn't be disappointed but I am. And it sucks. 

The phone stops ringing and I go back to watching How I Met Your Mother. But, I noticed I still had a notification on my phone. It said voicemail and I don't know if I want to listen to it or delete it. I stare at my phone like a weirdo for a few more seconds before I pick it up and listen to the voicemail.

Instantly Justin's voice fills my ears and it was such a relief.

"Zayn, I know it seemed like I was ashamed of you but I am not. Trust me I'm not. I was just thrown off guard. I wasn't ready to become your friend and actually label it as a friendship. I know its a petty excuse for why I treated you badly but it's all I got. I am so sorry Z. You know that it's gonna take a while for me to get used to you not being my enemy, But I don't want you to hate me anymore. Your friendship means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me. Cole means a lot to me. I will not stop trying until you are my friend. When you're ready to talk let me know. I'll always be waiting."

Once he mentions his love for Cole I start crying. I never thought I meant so much that he doesn't even want to loose my son.

The only people in my life that care that much about me is Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Perrie. Who would've thought that Justin would be added to that list?

Should I call him now or should I let him suffer a little bit? I wipe my tears and chuckle a little bit. Ha, only I could think about torturing Justin at a time like this. He really is something. 

I pick up my phone and text him.

To: JuJu
Hey, um. Meet me at the cafe for lunch. We can talk?

From: JuJu
Yes of course! See ya then Z 😘

I turn off my phone and fall back onto my bed with a sigh. Since when did my life turn into a soap opera?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the Cafe slowly, scanning all the tables in search of Justin. I see him sitting in the corner of the cafe by himself as he's on his phone. I walk over and sit down with a straight face. Justin smiles sheepishly and I just raise my eyebrow.

"So... I wanted to say sorry again. I feel so bad Z. I hope you know how much you mean to me." Justin rambles and it takes everything in me to not start laughing.

"Listen, dumb ass, you fucking mean a lot to me too and I hate that your little parasitic ass wormed your way into my heart." I roll my eyes and that just causes Justin to grin showing all his teeth. That's the biggest I've ever seen him smile and it kinda scares me.

I eye him warily.

"You're not supposed to smile at that dummy. It wasn't a compliment." I say.

"I know, but in this relationship an insult is like a compliment. If you say something nice then I should be worried." Justin says. "You hungry?"

"Nah, I just came because I wanted to see your beautiful face." I say.

"The sarcasm wasn't needed fuck  face. I was just asking" he says rolling his eyes. And just like that we're back to normal. 

"Get me a ham sandwich and maybe I'll be nice to you." 

"Now you and I both know that that's a lie." 

"No it's not a lie." 

Justin gives me  dull look and I roll my eyes. 

"Okay its not the full truth. I'll be nice, just sarcastically so." 

"That's what I thought." Justin says. "So how has Cole been?" 

"Uh well he's been alright. He hasn't been feeling well lately so he's been cranky. I think he misses you." 

"I miss him too. Wait here, I'll go order our food." Justin says and he gets up from the table to go get our food. 

I watch as Justin gets up to go get us some food. I catch myself staring at his butt as he walks away. It's nice and round and truly squee- wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I CANNOT think about Justin in that way. I refuse. We just became friends, take it down a notch Malik. We're friends. Just friends. Just friends. Friends. 

"I got you a BLT with turkey bacon," Justin says with a wink ans he returns with our food, "and a chicken wrap for me." 

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it. How much was my food, I'll pay you back for it." I say reaching for my wallet.

"Don't you dare."

"What do you mean. I gotta pay for my food."

"No you don't. I paid for it. No worries Z." 

"But, I can pay for my food-"

Justin Interrupts me by putting his hand over mine causing a very noticeable blush cover my face. "I got it. Trust me, it's the least I can do." Justin says while looking directly into my eyes. 

"Okay... Juju." I say laughing at the nickname my son gave him. Justin rolls his eyes and laughs along.

In that moment I felt more for Justin than I ever had. It wasn't just platonic anymore and I didn't like that realization. It's true when people say ignorance is bliss, because my knowledge could ultimately lead to a world full of trouble. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! I truly enjoyed your comments on my previous chapter! Keep it going because it motivates me to update. I love this story so far and I can't wait to see where it goes! Thanks for the support Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. Your support means the world to me.