Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Of course," he said, opening the door for her. She walked inside, arms wrapped around herself, and their puppy, Diglett, jumped onto her lap. "Is Ellie home?"

"She went to a rehearsal, but she'll be back in a bit."

As if on cue, they heard the door open, and Drew called, "Cookie, we have a visitor."

"A visitor?" She walked into the room, all elegance and grace in her leotard and joggers. "Robbie! It's nice to see- have you been crying?"

She shrugged. "I can't tell Ma, so I thought I'd tell you."

She sat down next to Drew, setting her bag by her feet, and Diglett wagged his tail. "What's up?"

Robin's bottom lip trembled. "I'm an idiot," she mumbled, tears beginning to spill from her eyes. "I'm such an idiot, Ellie."

"Why?"

"I was- you know how I go to Jordan's house because he tutors me at night and stuff?" she asked tearfully, wiping her eyes frantically. Drew made to stand, to comfort her, but Elle stopped him with her hand.

"Yeah?"

"He- he told me he broke up with Diana, and then-" She hiccupped, and Diglett licked her hand again. "He was acting weird, and I told him so, and then he started- started c-complimenting me, and he was saying I had nice skin or something- and then he asked about Tyson and I said we broke up- a-and then he k-kissed me- except it w-wasn't just kissing, he started t-taking my clothes off and- and we slept together."

Elle's eyes widened, and Drew asked, "Robbie, how old is he?"

"T-Twenty. He's twenty."

His eyes widened. "And you're sixteen?!"

"Turning seventeen, it's not statutory rape," mumbled Elle, "just creepy. Did he force you?"

"N-No-"

"Manipulate you? Hurt you?"

"No, never- he just- he asked if it was my first time, he didn't have a condom but I'm on the pill for my period, so-"

"Robin! That's irresponsible!" chided Elle. "What if you'd gotten pregnant, what would you have told Ma and Pa?"

"I don't know!"

"When was this?"

"Last week."

"So you might be pregnant and you just don't know?"

"N-No! There's n-no way! I'm on my period right now anyway!"

"I can't believe you didn't even think about the consequences! What if you caught something from him?!"

"It's hard to say no when- when it just happens like that, okay?! Besides, I asked if he was clean and he said he was!"

Elle looked angry, until Drew placed a hand on her arm gently, and she sighed, her fury melting away at his touch. "Calm," he breathed, before looking at Robin. "You're sure he didn't pressure you at all? Blackmail you, force you in any way?"

"H-He wouldn't... he's not... like that..."

Elle sighed, and walked over, kissing the top of her head. "You need to be more responsible," she said softly. "What happened then?"

"He- wouldn't talk to me. The morning after, he had left, and he didn't communicate with me. I expected him to m-message, or text- something, at least, but he didn't. I went to him t-today, and he-" She choked up again. "He said I was just a k-kid, and that he had taken advantage of m-me... it was embarrassing that he'd had sex with me... that no one could know. He kept telling me to leave, so I l-left and I came here. He's g-going to college tomorrow. He just wanted me to go."