27: The Third Hiddleston

"Mummy!"

A bundle of blonde hair and large blue eyes empowered you in a hug, a pair of small arms reaching up and waiting for you to lift them. Your daughter dissolved into giggles as you spun her around, her blonde curls bouncing on the top of her head and her eyes wide with delight. You placed her down again, her cheeks rosy and a beaming smile on her face.

"That was fun!" she giggled.

Lucy's Hello Kitty backpack bounced on her back as she tugged impatiently on your hand, the excitable seven - year - old leading you away from the primary school gates. Her smile remained in place, yet there had been a time when she wouldn't have smiled at all.

Lucy had once been quiet and unresponsive, not wanting to be touched or spoken to. From what had begun as a broken childhood, she had been placed up for adoption. Her mother had been under the influence of drugs and unfit in looking after Lucy. Lucy had suffered, and because of this she had missed a part of growing up. Fourteen months later and all the paperwork and negotiations sorted, you had been able to adopt this little girl for your own. In the time you had been able to have with her, Lucy had grown an instant attachment to the both of you, especially Tom. He loved her like she was his biological daughter. Lucy adored playing with India and the twins - often asking when Auntie Elsa and Uncle Chris would be next coming round. Everything had fitted into place. You couldn't have been any happier.

"Where are we going mummy?" Lucy asked curiously, noticing that you were walking her a different route home. You held a finger to your lips; it was a secret not to be shared just yet. She continued to ask as you walked further away from the gates and you refused to give in. She quietened however, when she sighted children running across the park, her eyes wandering across unfolding scenes of parents sitting on benches, children climbing over swings or wrapping their legs around the monkey bars. Lucy lifted her head to look at you.

"Is this where we are going?" she questioned.

You nodded and Lucy's face instantly broke into a grin. She was already untangling her hand from yours as she ran off giggling towards the park. You smiled and watched as she climbed onto one of the swings, her hair flying around her face as she pushed herself forwards and backwards, her small legs kicking up in the air. You seated yourself on the unoccupied bench, Lucy's bag propped against your lap. It hadn't been long when your phone vibrated in your hand.

Turn around.

Tom was standing behind you, hands placed in his denim jeans and a smile that could have been bigger than Lucy's on his face. You walked round and quickly hugged him, head resting against the expanse of his white button up shirt. His heart pounded against your ear. Tom's arms closed around you and drew you closer towards him.

"You're home earlier than I expected," you say happily.

"It was in my good fortune that there was a plane from Iceland to London. The next one wouldn't have been until tomorrow."

You knew what he was talking about; the much anticipated Loki film. Nobody had been certain whether there was going to be one, yet here was Tom portraying the antagonistic God of Mischief for the fifth time. He was still marvelling over the concept. He turned his head and saw his daughter who continued to play on the swings.

"Lucy," he smiled warmly.

"She doesn't know yet," you whispered inside his ear.

Tom chuckled before giving your hand a squeeze. He began striding off towards the park, where parents played and tended to their children. Lucy was still on the swing, her small hands clasped around the chains. She was humming to herself as she swung through the air.

"Careful Luce," Tom warned gently. "Don't swing too high."

Lucy snapped her attention to Tom. There was a beaming smile on her face. She quickly clambered off the swing and threw herself into Tom's open arms.

"Daddy!" she squealed.

"Hey Lucy," Tom said and hugged her tightly to him. There were times that were difficult for Tom to be able to return to London. The precious time he did have he spent with the two people he loved most in the world.

"Can you push me on the swings daddy?" Lucy asked and tugged on his hands.

"Alright," Tom laughed softly as his little girl bounced onto the rubber seat. He pushed her, watching as she threw back her head and giggled. It caused him to smile by her excitement. After a while Lucy climbed off the swing, breathless with two pink spots on both cheeks. The musical chime of an ice cream van drifted across the park. You came to stand beside Tom.

"Shall we buy you an ice cream?" he asked Lucy before turning to look at you. "If that's okay with mummy."

You smiled and nodded your head.

"We can all have one," you said.

Lucy was already charging off towards the ice cream van as fast as her legs could carry her. You and Tom walked behind her holding hands. Tom bought the ice creams and handed one to each of you.

"Come on Luce, it's time we were all heading home," you said.

Obediently Lucy took your hand, the other tasking in holding her ice cream. Tom held your other hand, his fingers pressed against yours.

"Home it is," Tom smiled.

Read/Vote/Comment!

Updates may start to become less frequent now that I've gone back to college, it all depends on how much time I have. I can't thank you all enough for getting this to 30,000 reads! Thank you for being patient with me :)

MischiefMaker26 x