Twelve - "Beep, Beep Richie."

Start from the beginning

Hastily Lyds scooped the plank of wood up from the ground and swung it at her Aunt, who stood the closest to her. The blonde squeezed her eyes shut and waited to feel the impact of her hit, but nothing ever came. For when she opened her eyes, the dead versions of her friends and family were gone and the door was wide open.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

The Greystone girl raced down the stairs, desperate to rescue the boy she was crushing on from death. There was no way she would be able to live without Eddie, he kept her somewhat sane.

"Don't hurt him!" She yelled

Stood over the brown eyed boy in a twisted position was Pennywise the dancing clown. Eddie lay brokenly on the ground, gasping for air and clutching his arm. Without hesitation, Lydia threw herself down onto the ground in front of the short boy and shielded his body with her own.

The clown snapped its head in her direction, and what looked like anger crossed its face.

"Look I'll do what you said! I-I'll float instead! Just please not him!"

Eddie's trembled behind her, but despite that and his broken arm, he still shuffled across the ground and he pulled Lyds along with him, desperate to protect her in any way he could.

"And why not him, Lyds?" It asked with a manic laugh in its voice

"You already know why." The blonde shook her head. Her worst fear was losing him, it was and always would be losing Eddie Kaspbrak.

"I do! I do!" It let out another laugh

"Wh-What's it talking about Lyds?" Eddie wheezed, his lip accidentally brushed her ear as he pulled her closer against him.

"Don't make me tell you, not now. Please Eds, let me save your ass first."

"Time to float! So! Who will it be first?" Pennywise towered over the pair

"Don't hurt him, I swear to fucking god if you touch him-"

Lydia's words were halted by Pennywise grabbing her by the chin, it's drool hit her face as it laughed and it's breath smelt foul. But what got her the most was the sickening smile plastered across its powder white face.

"Tasty, tasty beautiful fear!"

"Stop it!" Eddie hissed, "Don't touch her!"

It seemed as if Pennywise had ignored all of their pleas for it not to hurt each of them, and instead its face began to contort into what looked like rows upon rows of jagged, sharp teeth.

"I'm so sorry Eds." Lydia began to cry, all she could do was stare into Eddie's brown eyes, even as she felt the clown's breath hit her neck.