[52] strawberry red

Start from the beginning

"im not fucking dismissing it!" jungkook suddenly roars, closing in on taehyung by taking a step closer, pressing himself up against a stiffened taehyung who looks at him with fear in his eyes — jungkook doesn't seem see it. "i know i shouldn't fucking fight him but i can't help it! fuck, seeing him try to talk to jimin hyung makes me fucking angry 'cause he thinks he has a fucking right to talk to him when he doesn't have a godamn right, he lost that right a year ago when he slept with my fucking girlfriend!" jungkook grits out, rage overwhelming him as he thinks back to a year ago when haneul confessed her inappropriate deeds so carelessly, when jimin came over and relentlessly cried in his arms and when junghoon tried to meet up with him and sort things out.

taehyung swallows the lump in his throat as he ducks his head, disliking the vivid anger in his boyfriend's usually softened eyes and mumbling, "seeing you beat him up wasn't even the thing that 'freaked' me out the most — it was seeing you so angry, so angry and immersed in it that i couldn't pull you away until i made eye contact and begged you to stop."
jungkook still holds on to that anger within him but he feels it slowly, slowly dwindle down at taehyung's words and timid facial expression. he stares hard at taehyung who chews on his lower lip momentarily to stop himself from crying. "i don't know why it's a surprise to me. i just—." taehyung breathes out shakily, "sometimes, i forget that anger and violence is a big part of your life, your job."

that hits him hard in the chest.
"tae—" the anger swirling in the very pit of his stomach stops completely when taehyung takes a step back, nervously biting his lip as he looks at jungkook.

"i don't feel like being here anymore. can we. . . can we go back to the hotel?" taehyung mumbles as he grabs ahold on the bmw door handle and tugs it open, not waiting for jungkook's reply.

"taehyung—" jungkook tries to say as he watches taehyung slip into the passenger seat of his car, closing the door quietly behind and ducking his head shortly afterwards to stare down at his lap. frustrated, jungkook groans at the sight before looking over at yoongi, jimin and hoseok who stand not too far away, disapproving/unimpressed looks on their faces.

jungkook, growing rather on edge, runs a hand through his thick, black locks and mutters out, "fuck this. fuck all this."

yoongi sighs as he pushes himself off hoseok's side, dragging his feet towards jungkook with his hand outstretched. "pass me the keys," yoongi yawns, "race in hoseok's car — ill take him home. junghoon won't let you live it down if you miss it and you'll only get more pissed off." he drawls out, rolling his eyes.

jungkook readily nods, shoving his hand into his leather jacket's pockets to pull out his set of keys but the words taehyung had told him a few minutes ago comes into mind, abruptly halting him.

"beating him up'll only satisfy his expectations and won't do anything to the things you hold over him and the things he holds over you."

"seeing you beat him up wasn't even the thing that 'freaked' me out the most — it was seeing you so angry."

jungkook looks back up at yoongi, "yanno what? fuck junghoon," he hisses suddenly, turning away and rounding the car's bonnet quickly. "it's not my right to conduct who'll talk to jimin hyung." he explains over his shoulder as he yanks the driver's seat door open and looks over at hoseok, ordering him to, "tell shithoon i pulled out," before sliding into the driver's seat, slamming the door shut after him.

as a tense jungkook starts up the engine and a silent taehyung stares down at his shoes, an impressed yoongi looks over his shoulder at jimin and hoseok, "did you just see that?"