[52] strawberry red

Start from the beginning

jungkook, frowning harder, tries to walk right up to taehyung but hoseok slides up in front on him, effortlessly blocking his pathway and discreetly coughing out; "wipe off that pissy look on your face –– you look like you're ready to beat the shit out of anyone. and no doubt, you're freaking the fuck out of taehyung." he orders quietly, punctuating his point by firmly prodding the younger's chest with his finger. jungkook, administering hoseok's words, looks over his hyung's shoulder to see taehyung hurriedly look away to his left and gulp hard, clearly not wanting to make eye contact with jungkook.

still angered by junghoon and now also feeling hurt, jungkook narrows his eyes and looks back at hoseok who scowls at the bloody marks marring his face, "tsk, look at your face." he mutters, taking jungkook's face in his grasp and turning it left and right by gripping his chin. "why do you have to jump right into fights with junghoon?? why give in to him? why not be the better person and fucking ignore him, kook?" hoseok whines slightly as he rifles around his pockets for a clean tissue.

"'cause he was fucking bugging tae and jimin hyung –– you saw how he pressed himself up against taehyung!" jungkook hisses out, hard fists clenching up again at the memory. "and hyung, don't act as if you wouldn't do that if tae was yoongi hyung."

producing a clean but crumpled tissue, hoseok rolls his eyes, "okay, fine — fair point but listen jungkook, you most certainly do not have the right to direct who should and shouldn't talk to jiminie. you should've asked him if he wanted to talk to junghoon before making this stupid race. because of you being an unthoughtful idiot, you're hurt, you've got a race to compete in and you've got a boyfriend who's fucking scared shitless of you. mm, well done on handling the situation, kook!!" his hyung sarcastically mutters as he passes the tissue to jungkook, pointing at his nose and indicating him to mop up his nosebleed. as jungkook does so, his eyes flit back to taehyung who rubs at his forearms uncertainly as yoongi and jimin walk him towards somewhere and tell him inaudible things as they do so.

"lemme talk to him," jungkook says suddenly as he messily wipes at his nose, eyes still trained on taehyung.

"yoongi's handling it— wait, jungkook!"

jungkook ignores his hyung's warning yell and strides over to taehyung as he starts to fix up the bloody sheen smeared on his upper lip.
"tae," taehyung looks up, his big brown eyes widening, "can we talk a little?" he asks, looking over at yoongi and jimin, mentally urging them to back off temporarily. jimin sighs and yoongi rolls his eyes but they understand jungkook's request and slowly walk away despite the longing look in taehyung's eyes following after them.

"you okay?" jungkook starts, "you look sorta freaked." he mutters as he dabs at the bleeding cut on his pink lips — he doesn't miss the way taehyung frowns at the sight of the bloodied tissue in his hand.

"jungkook, o–of course id be freaked out — i just saw my suddenly scary boyfriend beat a guy to a puh–pulp—"

"he was saying shit to you—"

"but that doesn't mean i want you to hit him and get hit in return –– just look at your face, kook! i understand you hate him 'cause he hurt you a year ago but violence isn't the freaking answer! junghoon expects it!" taehyung exclaims, exasperated, "beating him up'll only satisfy his expectations and won't do anything to the things you hold over him and the things he holds over you!"

"fuck. just save it, tae," jungkook groans, "i already heard this all from hoseok hyung."

"then you should understand this than dismiss it as bullshit—"