Epilogue- Part Two

Start from the beginning

She looked around to the guests who were admiring her pieces of art, before she turned back to me.

"I er... could use some air, let's go for a bit?" she offered, I agreed.

The two of us headed through the flower-smelling gallery to the air outside the gallery, which smelt like it was going to rain.

Well, a storm had been forecast.

"I said to Swan to not steal my thunder...not to create a whole thunderstorm," Victoria whispered.

"I'm sure it'll pass," 

Then Victoria sneezed.

"Bless you," I said, Victoria smiled in appreciation.

"Uhm...perhaps we should get you back inside, it's getting cold," I said, nudging her shoulder with my own.

"No, no...I er, have to do this," she said, seeming adamant about returning to inside the much warmer gallery.

"Do what?" 

"That would be telling," Victoria gave a small smile, and then moved closer to me, entwining her hands with my own.

"I love you, you know that," I said.

Victoria smiled.

"Well, I would hope so," she said, an amused glint in her eye.

"I love you too, always and forever." 

We stood there for a moment, smiling at each-other like complete love-struck idiots, up until the point Victoria spoke again.

"Kate, I have a question," she said.

"Oh..." I trailed off.

I was completely naive, so this statement was lost on me.

Still, I still hadn't gotten over my obliviousness to things other people seemed to suss out, but in a way, that made life more interesting.

Then Victoria adjusted her jacket slightly, and got onto one knee right in front of me on the sidewalk.

Okay, now I think I had it figured out.

That and my heart was freaking out, as was every other part of me.

Until it was replaced with a sense of calm...this was actually happening.

"Kate, you are the girl I know I want to spend the rest of my days with; you make me laugh like no one else does; you inspire me and motivate me to do anything I choose, and you are the most beautiful girl in existence, in my world. I want you to be there with me for as long as we live. Will you marry me?" 

Flicking a tear away from my eye, I grinned.

"Yes, Victoria, of course I will," 

"Thank god," Victoria laughed lightly, and then held my hand in hers. 

The two still seemed as if they fit perfectly together.

Victoria slid the sapphire encrusted engagement ring onto my ring finger, and then stood back up, before she pulled me into an embrace.

"Victoria," Paulo whispered.

"Yes Paulo?" Victoria asked, momentarily turning back to him with an amused smile.

"These nachos...amazing, where'd you get them?"

"I made them myself," Victoria stated, with a smile.

"Amazing, simply amazing," Paulo said, with a grin, then his eyes fell on me.

"And there's your beautiful fleur, did you...er..." Paulo trailed off, his cheeks pinkening slightly.

"Yep, we're engaged," Victoria asked.

"Hey Fox...yeah, I won the bet...yes I know you had your wisdom teeth removed babe, babe?" Margo looked anxiously at the phone in hand.

"She hung up on me," 

"She might be a bit mixed up after the wisdom teeth surgery," I suggested.

Margo nodded.

"Probably should've left that...huh?" 

Victoria and I looked to each other with an amused look. 

"Probably," Victoria said.

Margo walked over to us and pulled the two of us into a hug, and then Paulo joined said hug.

"I'm sorry...I just love happy endings!" he exclaimed, before heading off in what I presumed was a search for more nachos.

"Kate, Margo, you two want to go and visit Fox? Paulo and Swan can stall people, I'm sure," she smiled. 

Margo and I nodded, and we headed towards Victoria's car. 

Happy. That was only half way of describing how great I felt after the events of that afternoon, and I think, with Victoria in my life, as my wife, those moments would appear more frequently.

As Victoria began to drive on, I felt excited for what the future held for the two of us.

All good things, I'm sure.