Chapter 3: Six Same Faces?

You were lucky, the day was sunny and cool, and even better you were off. no more she-witch miss tenka rushi. you climbed out of bed in a better mood than youve been in for days. karamatsu on your mind, the sun shining through your (clr) curtains, and your skin as clear as the sky this morning. you climbed out of bed with a skip in your step. but something hits you deep in the pit of your stomach. HUNGER. after yesterday, you had no mind to eat anything. after work, the exhaustion took over you, and your bed whispered pleasures to you as you fell asleep. with hurry, you raced to the kitchen, your bare feet slapping as you slammed open the fridge door. empty, nothing? that cant be right.

"the fuck happened to my food?"

inside your fridge, was a gallon of spoiled milk, and half a cartoon of eggs. a single womans fridge. you gagged at the sight, and closed the fridge with a sigh. just as you felt life was going your way, you needed to shop for food. and to make matters worse, your cell phone began ringing in your room. you didnt really have many friends besides liane and your boyfriend. Not to mention the handsome karamatsu. with the possibility of kara being the one who had called you, you quickly rush down the hall and back into your room jumping happily in your bed. the name, only making you more pissed than you already are. your boyfriend was calling you.

"as if...you lost your fucking chance asshole."

ignoring the call, you decided to pull a dick move, and break up with him over text. after all, the stand up was the last straw. he used a text to send his sorry ass excuse, so why not do the same? you didnt even wait for his reply. getting hungrier by the second, you decided to stand and get dressed to go grocery shopping. you put on a simple (clr) t-shirt, and black jeans. nothing too fancy, it was only groceries. while brushing your hair, your phone began to ring once again. seriously? did the man just NOT get it? you began to wonder why you even gave him the time of day. once you got your hair into its desired style, you marched back to your bed, fairly annoyed. snatching the phone off your pillow, you read the number on the screen. it was karamatsu. you didnt know a single thing about this man yet, but god just the mention of him made you shudder. you answered as quickly as possible.

"h-hello? karamatsu?"

"ah, hello my angel. how are you this morning (y/n) chan?"

you smiled, impressed that he was interested in how you felt.

"im fine. im actually going to shop for groceries."

another silence on karamatsus end. he must have been busy.

"ah, shall i come and pick you up?"

you didnt want to disturb him at all. a busy man as he was, he was probably at work, and dealing with business.

"no thats fine. its a short walk from here."

"well then, ill meet you at the akatsuka market? i assume its where youre headed."

"yeah, ill see you soon karamatsu."

you smile as you hear him chuckle, just before the call ended. once again, you could feel the flame inside you rage. karamatsu was so kind and thoughtful, you couldnt wait to see him again. as excited as you were, something told you to take your time. you didnt want to seem like a needy, over attached freak. Once your shoes were put on, and makeup was applied, you then grabbed your purse and made your way out for the day.

"man, why do they always rearrange everything...?"

you pushed your cart down the canned food aisle, specifically looking for vegetables or anything you could heat up and be done with. at the end of the aisle, you could see karamatsu, but something was....off about him. he wore a green sweater, and stared at a grocery list in deep thought, as if he couldnt read what was written. you did your best to ignore him, and let him come to you first. even going as far as to drop a can of carrots purposefully.