Most of them in my dad's files committed small crimes like vandalism, theft etc. I'm looking for someone with crimes that stand out from the usual status quo. A smile forms on my face, I found my guy.

Name: Jackson Green
Age: 23
Charged for:
Assault, drug dealing, and manslaughter.

I grabbed the rest of the information on him, dashed upstairs and grabbed my phone to send Matt a text.

A- I've got something, meet me at the library in 20 minutes if you can.

M- Alright, see you in twenty xx

I hopped into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Grabbing everything I might need I stuffed them into my old brown bag and rushed out of the house and made my way down the street to the library.

It's about a fifteen-minute walk from my house to the library. My mom and I used to go there every day to pick a new book to read together, growing up I didn't have many friends. The only people that I consider my pals where my mom and Matthew.

My mother and I would walk hand in hand as we laughed and talked and walk down the street like soulmates. What I would give to have that moment again.

I approach the library and meet a smiling Matt sitting on the steps looking like a lost puppy.

"Hey beautiful," Matt greeted with a grin.

"Why do you always do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Say things like hey gorgeous' or hey beautiful."

"Because you don't hear those words enough," Matt said with a shrug and proceeded to walk up the stairs and into the library. I was stunned he said it so blatantly. I trailed behind him pondering on his words.

"You have to walk faster than that A if you want us to find that killer," he mocked. I caught up to him and smacked him across the head.

"Don't say that out loud! You want everyone to know what we're doing," I scolded. Matt glared at me rubbing the spot of his head I hit. The library is deserted like it always is, there only about five people here including Matt and I.

We walked to the newspaper aisle and went to the crime section. I picked stuff on the magician and other mysterious disappearances. Matt and I took a seat on the decks close to the windows.

It's just about one in the afternoon, the sun is always perfect at this time. I looked out the window and watched as people passed by some of them smiling others frowning.

My eyes caught sight of a little girl who stood with who I assumed was her father. I smiled and watched as her father laughed as the little tired to figure out how to fit his wristwatch on her head. How I wish I could find myself in a moment like that. A moment of happiness.

"You said you had something," Matt spoke pulling out of my daze.

"Yeah," I replied trying to get myself back to reality. I took out the files I stole from my bag and handed them to Matthew. As he scanned the files he showed no emotion.

"If this is the guy then we're dealing with some big trouble," he said with a stern look on his face.

"I can handle it," I replied curtly. Matt said nothing but took another newspaper and began to read it. I grunted inwardly he's mad at me. Saying nothing I grabbed my newspaper and flipped through it.

After minutes in excruciatingly awkward silence, Matt finally spoke. "I think I have something," he said his face gleaming with joy. He'd always been into detective things when he was little. I knew he'd enjoy doing this.