♥Secret(HIStory Era)♥

Start from the beginning

The silence begins to drive you insane as you adjust your seat belt.

"Well let's go," Michael mutters as he starts the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my!" Katherine exclaims with bright eyes as Ameerah jumps out of the car, running into her grandmother's open arms. "Is that my granddaughter?"

Katherine embraces Ameerah tightly as you giggle slightly, getting out of the car with Michael. You close the car door that Ameerah had left open in all her excitement - then make your way to Katherine.

Michael stays close to you, slowly setting his hand on your waist.

You instantly flinch at his touch and his eyes widen at your actions.

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, Katherine speaks.

"My!" she exclaims loudly, bringing her eyes to you and Michael. "Ameerah's grown so beautiful! She looks just like you (Y/N)!"

You smile halfheartedly and you feel Michael stiffen at your attitude.

You clear your throat and attempt a full smile.

"Thank you," you nod and Katherine smiles widely before leading you inside to meet everyone else.

"Ameerah!" Jermaine exclaims with wide eyes as she runs in to hug him. "Wow!" he says as she hugs him. "She looks just like (Y/N)," 

Michael hums in response as he moves away from you, making his way to La Toya - who is seated at the far end of the room.

You make your way to Janet awkwardly as she greets you with a wide smile.

"Hey (Y/N)!" she chirps. "You look great!"

"Thanks," you say, sitting down beside her. "You look great too,"

"Oh I hardly think so!" she waves you off then proceeds to frown as she notices your anxious demeanor. "What's wrong?"

You fiddle with your wedding ring nervously as Janet's eyes widen slightly.

"You still haven't told him?" Janet says quietly, a hint of concerning showing through.

"No," you shake your head. "I don't plan to....it's just - I don't know how to control the negative emotions I feel," 

"It's eating you up eh?" she sighs. "Just tell Michael..I'm sure he'll understand,"

"No way," you suck in some air through your teeth. "I can't,"

Janet nods at your hesitation - she'd always told you she would make an effort to understand you; and so she did.

You look around the room and smile as you see Ameerah giggling with her uncle, Jermaine. They always got along so well together.

As your gaze moves along the room, you spot Michael conversing with La Toya - seemingly oblivious to you.

You roll your eyes slightly before Katherine announces that lunch is ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And Michael's just crazy like that!" La Toya giggles as everyone else around the table joins in.

The whole family was seated for lunch and unfortunately - you weren't sitting next to your husband. Michael sat next to La Toya, along with Ameerah so you felt a little out.