Chapter 6

Author's Note: Sorry it's been so long! Have had lots of exams and have been busy with dancing. Will try to update more often! I love all my readers so much! X

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Surely it couldn’t be true; surely neither Daisy nor I could’ve known who S is all along. Daisy seemed to be pretty sure that we had both been very close friends with S when we were younger but no one comes to mind except for Samuel and surely Samuel wouldn’t do something so terrible. I hadn’t done anything to him that would make him want to hit back so hard.

“I think that S might be Samuel,” Daisy whispers to me, her voice barely audible thanks to the wind that whipped around us at the top of the Arc de Triomphe.

It couldn’t be possible, no way, Samuel couldn’t be S, he’d always stuck by Daisy and me and I knew for sure that he was not even capable of doing such a thing.

“No, it can’t be Samuel, Daisy, it doesn’t make sense!”I exclaim.

“Actually it does Clar, think about it, Sam disappeared out of our lives for what, a year?”

“Two years actually.”

“Well, we haven’t seen him in two whole years and I saw him, Clara, I saw him only a week ago and he acted as if nothing had changed, as if he had never left to go to some university for two years in the middle of high school.”

“Wait a minute, he told you that he was at some university for those two years?” I asked, confused.

“Yeah he did, why?”

“I saw Sam on the ship, Daisy. On. The. Ship. You getting me? On. The. Ship. And he acted as if nothing had changed either and he freakin’ decided to pay me a little visit in my room, Daisy. In. My. Room. And I was the only one with a key, you see? Okay but anyway Sam told me that he’d been at some school for sailors for all that time because he wanted to become a sailor, but that doesn’t sound like Sam, he’s never liked boats. Oh, um sorry for the rant,” I explained to her.

“This is bad, Clara, this is very bad, it all makes sense now; why else would he change his story for each situation?” Daisy questioned.

“Yes I know, but I really don’t think that talking about it here is a very good idea.”

“Holy shit! Clara we’re not alone!” Daisy whispered, pointing towards a dark figure standing beside the stairwell.

The dark figure slowly started to approach us, this was not good, what if it was S? He’d easily throw us over the side within an instant. The figure kept approaching us, quickly now, but with care, the figure was definitely masculine which kind of freaked me out even more because if the figure was a woman we could almost be able to cross of the figure being S immediately.

The figure spoke, “Sorry if I scared you, but it’s closing time now, I’m going to have to ask you to start making your way down.” Daisy and I looked at each other and cracked up, we both though for sure that we were going to end up like a splatter of red paint on the ground below.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

We had just made our way out of the Arc De Triomphe when I realised, there are no oceans near the city of Paris. I thought that this was very strange so I consulted Daisy.

“Hey Daisy, there aren’t meant to be any big bodies of water around Paris are there? I mean like ones that would be big enough to hold a ship without any trouble.”

“Yeah true, but I guess that’s the least of our problems now.”

“Mm but it’s really odd and I remember very clearly that we were both sitting on the edge of a dock not so long ago.”