Chapter 2

Here's chapter 2! Didn't take as long as I had expected! Hopefully I'll get chapter 3 up before new year's day! Enjoy! Xx

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Daisy was in shock, she would not move at all. We were still in the attic when I heard it, the click of a lock; the lock on the attic door. Great now we were not only in a room filled with venomous snakes, but we were LOCKED in a room filled with venomous snakes.

“Hey! S, whoever you are, you better unlock that door right now or I’ll ... I’ll ...”

“You’ll what? What are you going to do?” The voice scared me for a second because Daisy hadn’t spoken since she saw the snakes.

“I don’t know,” I sighed.

All of a sudden a snake dropped from overhead ... it landed right on top of me. Panic rapidly filled my body; I had a snake on me, not just any snake, but a venomous snake that could kill me at any given second. I didn’t know whether I should scream and try to get it off or remain calm, in this situation though, I doubt anyone would be able to remain calm. I tried my best until another filthy snake landed on me, then another and another until they were so heavy that I collapsed on the ground, there was no more I could do, there were a good thirty snakes slithering all over me now; one would certainly bite me ... so I screamed, I screamed so loudly that I thought the whole neighbourhood might hear me.

Then it came.

I knew it would happen eventually.

One snake struck me, it sunk its fangs into my soft flesh, and I let out a scream of pain. Then another and another and another struck, I couldn’t take the pain anymore, I felt myself slipping away, slipping away to who knows where, I couldn’t help but wonder if my family were killed in this same way. I wondered if Daisy was ok, I hoped she was; then I felt angry with myself for never getting to find out who S actually was and what had happened to my family.

Then, all I could see and feel was darkness.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

It had seemed as though a very, very long time had passed when I woke up. I had no idea whatsoever where I was, I was definitely not in my house or Daisy’s house and it didn’t look like a hospital room either. It was very dark in the room, I couldn’t get a proper look at it yet as I couldn’t open my eyes completely and my vision was blurred, but I still had an idea of where I was; and it didn’t look good.

I tried to move my arm to help me sit up, but I couldn’t, at that point in time I was paralysed. I tried to open my eyes a little further, but it was useless. The only upside was that I could hear perfectly.

I tried to really concentrate on what I could hear; I strained my ears to at least hear something, anything....

Footsteps.

 That’s what I heard when I had strained my ears.

And they were approaching me very quickly, wherever I was.

My eyes started to open a little bit more now and I could see more of my surroundings, however there wasn’t much around me at all.

I was in a wooden box. That might explain why I was feeling a bit queasy, I was on a boat.

Who knows, I could be halfway across the Pacific by now, getting further and further away from home. I wonder who put me in the box, it was probably S, or whoever put those snakes in my attic.

I heard whispering, I was able to hold on to a couple of words but the rest were lost in the wind.

“She ... snakes ... might ... dead ....” Was all I heard, and then.