"like flowers?!"

their captain shook his head. "don't go overboard. i mean, one or two flowers is okay..." not so sure on how to act around girls himself, he turned to suga for help. sure, the setter didn't exactly know either, but his serenity was a bonus factor to give good advice.

"daichi's right, hinata," koushi continued. "start out slow, then let things build from there. don't harass the poor girl, okay?"

"osu!"

looking less stressed, hinata thanked his senpais and got changed into his practice gear in record time. he leaped out of the room, crashing into kageyama who began to yell at him.

"watch where you're going, hinata boke!"

✿ ✿ ✿

the next day, hinata came to practice with a dazed, lovestruck expression. he didn't react when kageyama yelled at him nor when asahi came running in and nearly knocked him over. the ace, while panicking, checked on the first-year guiltily.

"a-are you okay, h-hinata?!"

hinata finally looked up, small hearts floating around his head as he nodded while giggling to himself. asahi stared in wonder, his panic subsided.

"are you feeling okay?"

the ginger nodded again, grinning. "my crush is coming to practice today." and then the nerves set in. hinata's eyes blew wide in horror. "m-my crush is coming to practice today," he repeated, terrified. before he knew it, he puked and asahi let out a scream.

"suga! daichi! m-mop!"

the decoy's antics brought the whole team to surround him after cleaning up. tsukishima snickered something about hinata being a simpleton who scared easily, while tanaka had to stifle laughter. ennoshita shot tanaka a silencing glare, which effectively shut the rowdy boy up, and tsukki made another jab at the simpletons on the team. (yamaguchi ended up holding back chuckles this time.)

hinata trembled as he explained to suga and daichi that the advices worked. he had given the girl three [favorite flowers], at which she had grinned and said that they were her favorite. because of the gesture, she had said that he was pardoned and to repay the favor, she was to attend afternoon practice today.

"but that's good, right?" nishinoya declared. he proceeded to slap hinata on the back. "that way, you can show off your freak quick!"

asahi shook his head, shivering nervously. "i'd be a train wreck if the girl i liked watched me practice. i'd probably end up embarrassing myself and failing all my spikes and--"

"gwahhhhhh!"

hinata looked sick to his stomach again, and suga karate-chopped asahi's side to shut him up. daichi, being dad-like, just gave the orange ball of energy a pep talk while noya and tanaka hyped him up.

"sorry for the intrusion!"

everyone stopped talking at the sound of a melodious voice. like robots, they turned around to face the girl who was standing at the gym entrance with a wide smile. your hands were behind your back as you bowed, asking permission to observe their practice.

everything was quiet until you became recognizable. the first people to react were tanaka and nishinoya, who jumped up and yelled "[f/n]-san!" they ran up to you and tackled you into a hug, causing you to giggle at how quickly you were caught. they wouldn't stop crying about how your beauty would fuel them to do their best today, and you rolled your eyes at them.

"you guys are so cheesy."

hinata was the next to react, and quite jealously. he puffed his chest out, eyes narrowed as he told his senpais that [l/n]-san was there because of him, and the second years were about to accuse him of crushing on their goddess until ennoshita dragged them away where they wouldn't cause more trouble.