(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Two: Control

Learning to calm himself and control himself was not easy for Jace Lightwood Herondale...and Jordan was trying to help him with that. But let's just say what Jace found peaceful was quite different from what Jordan thought was peaceful which was frustrating for him trying to help. Jace stood up and ran a hand through his hair, he turned his head looking at his girlfriend...Skylar who had a navy jacket on and some jeans. He had noticed how odd and weird she had been acting..but he didn't question it. He smiled faintly when he saw Isabelle following behind chuckling and smiling. "What about her? Does she make you calm?" Jordan asked as he stood up as well..Jace nodded slowly..letting out a soft sigh.

"She keeps me sane...in case you hadn't noticed." Jace replied bluntly, he glanced back at him before he heard footsteps in front of him. When turning his head, he smiled down at the blonde who stood in front of him. 

"How's it going?" Skylar asked as she shoved her hands into the pockets on her jacket..waiting for a response.

"Eh." Jace replied and shrugged as he glanced back at Jordan who shook his head. "Jordan wants me to think about a beach."

"Awful, he doesn't know how to stay calm at all-" Jordan said and stopped himself from saying else that he could possibly regret. "He is crazy-"

"Hot...he is crazy hot." Skylar said and chuckled softly, before shrugging. "He'll get use to it eventually, he needs time to find out what calms him that doesn't involve a weapon..or killing." Jordan only nodded, glancing at the two before he decided to leave them alone. 

"I am very hot...you just said that." Jace said as he nodded a bit with a small smirk tugging at the ends of his lips. He looked down at her, catching her eye roll. "I can see the others, watching us...in the corner of my eye.."

"Well they tend to watch sometimes...plus Alec has been trying to contact Magnus for a while now." Skylar whispered as she reached over taking his hand for a second...or a few seconds not wanting to let go of him but knew that it was for the best. They hadn't actually kissed kissed, or been able to touch though Jace was trying his best...plus he really wanted to touch her...and it was frustrating for him. "Now, come on.." The two exchanged looks before they began to walked towards their friends. 

"You know, today is Magnus's birthday." Skylar announced as they walked over to Alec, who stared at his phone and Jace who sat down beside his parabatai, looking over at his shoulder seeing all his calls and messages. 

"I am well aware Skylnn." Alec mumbled, looking at the blonde and eyes widened when he had gotten an idea. "You and Jace, need to go speak to him..he will listen to you, Skye and you to Jace as well...."

"I mean we can try." Jace said and shrugged lightly though Magnus and him never actually chatted much..they have exchanged words and that is all. 

"Look, I didn't want him to think that I didn't—to think that I forgot." Alec said as he held onto his phone tightly as he looked back at the two. Jace grabbed his parabatai's phone and shattered it making the others laugh including Simon who got a dirty look from Alec.

"Well I am sure he knows that by all the calls and messages." Simon blurted out, suddenly regretted it knowing how Alec would give him a deadly looked. "Forget it.." He mumbled under his breath which made Isabelle slightly amusing and smiled brightly at him.  "Are we going to talk about...what happened with Sebastian?" He asked wanting to change the subject since their current one.

"Well...." Skylar began before clearing her throat, the thought of her brother..well who was once her brother bothered her to even think about. Her mind kept going back to the fact that he had never hurt her which it made her ask herself why he never hurt her...why not just do it? Emotionally he had ruined her, completely...the idea of him having Jace under his control was enough to make her want to lose her mind. "Things with Sebastian are currently chaotic, also...the Clave is still trying to understand what had occurred that day...when Jace absorbed the heavenly fire...."

"They don't believe how dangerous the endarkened are." Jace said, it annoyed him that the Clave was this way but he no longer wanted to speak about it. He got up, he sighed..looking at Skylar. "We should go check on Magnus before Alec loses his mind.."

"I am not los-" Alec began to say, ready to refuse what his parabatai said but was quickly shut down by someone he knew didn't have much of a filter when it came to Magnus and him.

"Yes...you really are." Skylar said, the blonde stared at Alexander for a few seconds with her bright blue eyes before she turned on her heels. "I'm surprised you didn't drop down to collect the remaining pieces of your phone and taped them together."