Chapter Fourteen: Reality One or Reality Two

Start from the beginning

Emily and the Doctor shared a glance. That sounded exactly like their dream too.

"Yes, I was huge. I was a boat." Amy continued.

"So you had the same dream, then?" Rory asked. "Exactly the same dream?"

"Are you calling me a boat?"

"And Doctor, you were visiting."

"Yeah, yeah, you came to our cottage."

"How can we have the same dream? It doesn't make any sense."

"And you had a nightmare about us. What happened to us in the nightmare?" Amy asked the Doctor.

"It was a bit similar, in some aspects."

"Which aspects?"

"Well, all of them."

"You had the same dream."

"Basically."

"You said it was a nightmare." Rory accused.

"Did I say nightmare? No, more of a really good mare." At Emily's unimpressed gaze, he changed the subject. "Look, it doesn't matter. We all had some kind of psychic episode. We probably jumped a time track or something. Forget it. We're back to reality now."

A bird starts singing. Amy looks around in confusion.

"Doctor? If we're back to reality, how come I can still hear birds?"

"Yeah, the same birds. The same ones we heard in the-"

{Reality One}

[Leadworth]

"-Dream." Rory finished. "Oh! Sorry. Nodded off. Stupid. God, I must be overdoing it. I was dreaming we were back on the Tardis."

The Doctor checks his braces and walks away.

"You had the same dream, didn't you?"

"Weren't we just saying the same thing?"

Emily gripped her head, stomach now churning the way it does when something wasn't right. And something was definitely wrong.

"But we thought this was the dream, didn't we?" Rory and Amy continued their confused conversation.

"I think so. Why do dreams have to fade so quickly?"

"Doctor, what is going on?"

"Is this because of you? Is this some Time Lordy thing because you've shown up again?" Amy demanded.

"Listen to me. Trust nothing. From now on, trust nothing you see, hear or feel." He said, placing a hand on Emily shoulder and raising his eyebrows in silent question.

'Are you alright?' They asked.

'I'm fine.' She nodded.

'No, you're not.' He frowned.

'Yes, I am.' She rolled eyes.

"But we're awake now." Rory said, ignoring to the duo's silent conversation. It was something that they had always done every so often, and the five years of traveling together and growing closer only increased to the frequency of their private conversations.

The Doctor gave her one last frown before answering. "Yeah. You thought you were awake on the Tardis, too."

"But we're home." Amy insisted.

"Yeah, you're home. You're also dreaming. Trouble is, Rory, Amy, which is which? Are we flashing forwards or backwards?" The bird started singing again. "Hold on tight. This is going be a tricky one."