Chapter Fourteen: Reality One or Reality Two

Start from the beginning

[Leadworth]

"Ah, Leadworth. Vibrant as ever."

"It's Upper Leadworth, actually. We've gone slightly upmarket." Rory stated proudly.

"Where is everyone?" Emily asked. Something seemed off.

"This is busy." Amy replied. "Okay, it's quiet, but it's really restful and healthy. Loads of people here live well into their nineties."

Including the old woman twitching her net curtains as they pass.

"Well, don't let that get you down.

"It's not getting me down."

"Well, we just wanted to see how you were. You know me, I don't just abandon people when they leave the Tardis. This Time Lord's for life. You don't get rid of your old pal the Doctor so easily. That and Emily was nagging me."

She whacked him again, this time, the back of his head.

Amy wasn't convinced. "Hmm. You came here by mistake, didn't you?"

"Yeah, bit of a mistake. But look, what a result. Look at this bench. What a nice bench. What will they think of next? So. What do you do around here to stave off the, you know . . . "

"Boredom."

"Self harm." The Doctor said. He was rewarded another whack from Emily.

Rory looked slightly offended. "We relax."

The Doctor was silent for a moment. "Relax."

"We live. We listen to the birds."

"Yeah, see? Birds. Those are nice." Amy said slightly unsure.

"We didn't get time to listen to birdsong back in the Tardis days, did we?"

The bird got very loud.

"Oh blimey, my head's a bit. Ooo. Er, no, you're right, there wasn't a lot of time for birdsong back in the good old-"

Rory, Amy, Emily and the Doctor fall asleep.

{Reality Two}

[Tardis]

The Doctor and Emily wake up curled next to each other on the console floor. They stare at each other for a moment before immediately springing away. Short haired Rory and non-pregnant Amy enter, scratching their heads.

"-Days. What? No, yes, sorry, what?" He looks up at the engaged couple. "Oh, you're okay. Oh, thank God. I had a terrible nightmare about you two. That was scary. Don't ask. You don't want to know. You're safe now."

The Doctor hugs Amy as she stares at Emily, thoroughly confused. She just shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh, okay."

"That's what counts. Blimey. Never dropped off like that before. Well, never, really. I'm getting on a bit, you see. Don't let the cool gear fool you. Now, what's wrong with the console? Red flashing lights. I bet they mean something." He rambled.

"Er, Doctor." Rory called. "I also had a kind of dream thing."

"Yeah, so did I." Amy nodded.

"Same." Emily told him.

"Not a nightmare, though, just, er, we were married."

"Yeah. In a little village."

"A sweet little village, and you were pregnant."