Prolouge

The wind blew her hair around violently as she climbed out the window. Her heart was beating like drum. She began to wonder what she was going to do after she escaped his prison of a house. She had no time to think before a warm, sweaty hand grabbed her leg and pulled her back in through the window. She tried to fight back and escape from the grip. While thrashing around, she hit her head against the window frame and felt dizzy. Being pulled in with such speed, she hit the ground with a loud thud. The man with the warm hand was laughing as sweat dripped from his wet body on to her. "Where do you think you are going?" he asked her. There was no reply.

"I asked you a question," he stated, "I expect an answer!" He kicked her with his dirty boot. "Answer me." She didn't say a word. "Now!" he yelled with force. He kicked her again. She yelped softly, hoping he wouldn't notice. "Oh, that hurt?" he asked sarcastically. She didn't move. "You have one last chance, Faith" She didn't answer. He grunted with anger and kicked her in the back repeatedly. "Where were you going!" he shouted between kicks. It was becoming hard to breathe and the world was getting darker. He continued to scream at her but she couldn't hear him. Soon she couldn't hear anything. Not even the sound of her own heart.