Chapter Eleven - Family Time

Start from the beginning

"They are strange." Arnav commented as soon as they left, a faint smile glazing his face at his strange and crazy, yet doting family. 

"Whose family are they after all?" Khushi in turn teased him and before he could say anything, she giggled and fled out of his hold whilst shouting that she needed to prepare for the picnic too - all this while missing the pair of eyes that were glaring at her. 

Sheetal had been silent during the whole exchange but only she knew how much she was screaming from inside at the idea. Arnav being at the farmhouse means him being surrounded by others, which automatically means him being away from her. The office was the only place she could approach him and now that he would be away from it, how will she even talk to him? 

And not to mention, this trip just sounds way too healthy for Khushi, who miraculously has been bouncing back from all her attacks.

She groaned, and punched the pillar in agitation. 

___________________

The next morning the entire family set out for the farm house, two hours earlier than the suggested time of Arnav.

He had groaned, almost regretting his own idea as Khushi forced him out of bed and into the washroom for him to break his sleep, which didn't happen. His eyes were still very much heavy and he kept shouting as Khushi ran around making sure they had packed everything, as if the trip was not for a couple of days but for a couple of years. 

Nonetheless, he had controlled his indignation after a while, in the hope of at least getting to spend some time alone with his wife during their car drive but all his hopes crashed down when he saw a picnic bus outside waiting for him. 

"I should have just suggested a honeymoon with Khushi." He had mumbled to himself as he climbed into the bus, only to spend the rest of the journey with his head pressed against the window while his family played Antakshari - their loud voices perhaps scaring the wits out of people walking on the roadside. 

______________

By the time the two hour drive had brought them to their destination, everyone was already exhausted. While the rest were tired of singing and playing every game they could in a moving bus, Arnav, Sheetal and Aarav were tired of the headache they got as an aftermath of their Antakshari - the difference being that unlike Sheetal and Aarav, Arnav did not wish to be anywhere else. Even though it was weird to be a part of that commotion, the smiles he saw on his family members' faces was all he could wish for. 

Therefore, owing the the fatigue, everyone deemed it right to take some rest, before they met up for an outdoor cooking session followed by simply a long period of random conversations, which for a change, did not bore Arnav. He instead was participating in it, though his contribution solely consisted of making sarcastic and teasing remarks on everyone, mainly NK.

In the evening, everyone had then sat themselves in the lawn in a circle as per Anjali's instructions. There was a small table in front them, which Anjali had just finished making with a few small boxes.

"Di, will you care to tell us what are you planning to do?" Arnav asked as soon as she was done, his tone hinting a slight irritation as he felt as if he was back to kindergarten where his teacher would make him and the others sit in circles before starting some stupid games.  

Anjali ignored his question as she took the empty bottle that was laying next to her and placed it on the table. She gave it a little spin and looked up with a grin. "Truth or Dare!"

Payal, Akash, NK, Khushi, Devyani and Manorama smiled at her, whilst Arnav jumped in before they could say anything - his face highly annoyed.

"Oh C'mon, Di! Truth or Dare? Seriously?" He asked, his lips curled up in an disagreeable expression.