Chapter 21

I tilted my head a bit. Not so sure what to think of him ordering for me, but his smile assured me he had the best of intentions. 

 He began to kick me under the table,"So..." he began, "What's up?"

 I smiled at him,"What's up?" I raised my eyebrows.

 "Yeah," he chuckled,"what's up." 

 I noticed him looking deeply at me, and I released a strong blush sprawling across my cheeks. His eyes capture mine, but I could see all of him. I've memorized him entirely by now. All the time I've spent thinking about him, touching him, and looking at him. He never left my mind, and he never may at this point. 

 We are brought back to reality when Amanda calls our attention,"Alright, boys." she greets us,"Here are your milkshakes."

 She places Dean's in front of him. Once she sets down mine, she does so in a gradual, slow manner. Bending over prominently,"Enjoy." she keeps eye contact with me for a few more moments before walking off.

 I look back at Dean, who pushes his milkshake to the side and looks at me, scowling slighly.

"Try it," he states, almost as a command.

 I do so, and take an analyzing sip of the milkshake,"It's good." I respond, "I'd prefer vanilla, but it's good." I smile at him.

 "Yeah?" he leans back a bit, "I'll remember that next time we're here."

 I shrugged, "Why didn't she take our order?"

 "I don't know, probably too busy trying to get you interested in her," he tells me.

 "Hmm?"

 "Oh, please. Don't act like you didn't see that. It was so obvious!" he leans into our conversation.

 "I mean...now that you say that..." I agree once I reevaluate he approach towards me when handing me my milkshake.

 "Um hm," he wiggles his eyebrow at me, and I chuckle.

Speak of the devil, Amanda strolls back to our table, "I'm sorry, I don't think I took your orders. Are you ready?"

 "Yup," Dean smiled at her, quite forcefully.

 "Great! What would you like?"

 Just before I could answer, Dean intruded, "We'll both have a bacon cheeseburger,"

 "Alright, it'll be right out!" Amanda replied and walked off.

 "No cheese, please!" I yelled after her and Dean began to laugh.

 "Oh, Cas. You're a card," he sighs.

 "I don't like cheese," I explain.

 "You're weird," he chuckled.

 "Whatever!" I said, a bit too cheerfully than I expected.

 "Whatever?" he stuck his tongue out at me.

 "Yeah." I kicked him under the table, smiling like a fool, "Whatever."

 After a moment of looking at each other and passively kicking each other under the table, Dean spoke, "I'm hungry, Cas."

 "I know Dean," I chuckled, "just a while more. Relax."

 "Ugh," he sighed and took my milkshake.

 "Dean," I began, "you have your own milkshake."

 "Yeah?" he took a sip out of mine, "So?"

 "So," I reached back for it, "that's my milkshake."

 He pulled back, not letting me get it, "I'm paying."

 "I could easily pay, Dean," I chuckled.

 "But you're not," he took another sip of my milkshake before handing it back to me.

 "You're weird," I remarked and he winked in reply.

 Eventually, Amanda came with both of our burgers and placed them in front of us. Doing the same stretch she had done when putting down the milkshake, making me blush harshly.

 "Dean..." I whispered to him when I saw she was out of ear shoot. 

 "Cas..." he said, with a mouthful of his food.

 "She just did the thing, again," I explained.

 "Sure did," he nodded.

 "What do I do?" I asked.

 "Eat your burger, that's what you do," he said sternly. I sighed and did as he told. 

 It was just like ever regular burger I've ever had, but Dean seemed to enjoy it very much. There was never a moment where he left the sandwich. He was either chewing it or taking a bite out of it. The grease was dripping down his chin in a rather attractive manner, in any other scenario I would've been disgusted by his clumsiness. It seems so fitting to him, though; since he's always so collected and cool. It's a charming change.

 "Are you gonna eat that?" he says through his last bite of hamburger. I shake my head and hand him mine, "Thanks," he winks at me.

 It'd give up all my meals to see him like this. He must've really been hungry to eat so much, though he hasn't even touched his fries. I'm not one to talk, though, since I haven't even taken more than one bit of my own food. 

 Dean lifts his head, noticing my intent staring,"Hey."

 "Oh," an odd shiver crawls down my spine,"hi."

 "Do you want my fries?" he chuckles, raising his eyebrows.

 "Uh, yeah. Sure," he grabs a handful and places them on my plate.

 "Dig in," he smiles.

 I finally begin to eat and enjoy my own food. The taste of the fries is clouded by my thoughts of Dean, and I look back up at him staring at me. I smile and finish the fry I have in my hand.

 "Hey," at this point I can't help but to laugh profusely. Immensely confusing Dean, I'm sure.

 "And you say I'm the weird one, Cas," he laughs along with me.

 "Do you even know what we've laughing about?" the force of my laughter brings me to squint and lean into the table.

 "I don't know, explain," once he sees me lose control, he begins to laugh heavier than his short chuckle.

 "You're weird," my laughing eventually begins to slow down.

 "Would you stop saying that?" he asks.

 "Never, not until you agree," I tell him and he sighs.

 "Shut up and eat your fries, Cas," he smiles lightly.

 "Whatever."

-------------------

 Once we leave the calamity we've made in the diner - throwing fries and things all over the place - we begin to walk back home. With Dean's arm around my waist and our shared smiles, I think it's safe to say it was a great date. 

 The rest of the while back to his house, we don't very much talk. Just the occasionally short conversation about the landscape and weather what-have-you. No, we just bask in eachother's being and there's no need for conversation in that field. The only thing we needed was to be near each other, and it's what we have.

 ((A/N: Hello ladies and gentlemen, sorry to interrupt. I was wondering if anyone were to protest to me making a somewhat sequel to the novel in different point of views. Such as Deans or Ariana's and whatnot. Or even if you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know. ;D))