Chapter 18

In the morning, the sun shone bright and early. Enough to stain and persuade my sleepy eye to rise awake. I was very skeptical of the idea of going downstairs. Not that I didn't have enough energy or motive, but I didn't really want to confront any one of my siblings. I mean, it is certainly not that I don't appreciate Lucifer or Gabriel's compassion towards me, I love them. But I just don't feel like dealing with any of the undealt feeling this early in the morning.

 Nevertheless, I had to get out of my house. Or my room, at least. So, I lifted my window to scan what I had to encounter to climb out of it. There are other alternatives - much more safe, easier, and simple alternative - but I need to sober up from my sleep, and this is probably better way to do it.

 Eventually, I found that if I twist my sheets into a sort of rope thing and staple it; it would reach far enough so I could climb onto the first story window and just jump down.  So, I took all of the ingredients for my master plan - or ingredients - and continued it. I began to have doubts of my stability as I started stapling my sheets to the window sill. To comfort myself, I added a dozen more staples. This was a great success in my part because I felt them wobble, but it was just to keep my up. I didn't even bother to jump on the first story window, and I'm proud to say I came out alive.

 After plummeting to my success, I was rather conflicted as to what I should do. So, I decided to do what I did yesterday. Except a bit more sane and sober.

 I stretched my limbs and let out a yawn before continuing to walk. I didn't really care for where I was going, actually. Just as long as i was going somewhere. 

 Eventually, I got bored of walking and decided to text Dean. This was new for me since I never really initiated a conversation before, so I decided to start simple.

 Hey.

 It had to be about 8:30, so I didn't really expect him to text me back. Or at least immediately. And he didn't, so I just continued walking, but in a faster pace. Then I felt my phone vibrate.

 Hey Cas. Whats up?

 I'm just taking a walk, you?

 I text people back quite promptly. I never want to be rude and keep them waiting. Especially Dean.

 I'll come join you. Meet me at my house, alright?

 Sure, I'll knock on your door.

 Awesome. see you then.

 See you then.

 I couldn't help but to run. It's great to run, really. What stress you've built just glides right off from the wind gusts, It's like you're free, there's nothing in your way.

 That is, until you trip over a protruding concrete slab on the side walk and suddenly realize you're mortal again.

 "Oww," I took in a sharp breath,"Ow ow ow ow."

 Eventually, I got on my feet and began dragging my foot.

 "From now on, I'm walking." I sighed.

 It didn't look too back. My pants were torn, but it didn't look too bad. But gosh, did it hurt. So, I sat at the edge of the block for a bit of a rest. I started moving my leg so I could adjust to the pain on my knee, but to no avail. I rarely ever get injured, and I don't tolerate pain too well.

 I decided to get back up and just walk it off, until I heard my name.

 "Hey, Castiel?" someone yelled.

 I turned around to see. to my surprise, Crowley walking about 2 yards away.

 "Hey," I was kind of surprised to see him here. I mean, he doesn't go on the bus so I don't think he lives here.