chapter seventeen.

a/n: extremely sorry to anyone who cares, for not updating on time! school has been grade a kicking my ass. & sorry for typos, too.

  btw, thank you so so much for 3k, like I don't understand. i'm beyond blessed 💞

  **millie's pov**

"He's cute, I guess...but, he's not hot or anything." Grace clamors with repugnance in reference to Gaten, while Maddie, Iris, Sadie, and I sat around my marble island on black metal stools, various cups of our preferred beverage scattered around in front of us after a long day at school, as we all simultaneously gasp, doubting her comment.

"Grace, he's adorable! Come on, I honestly think that you and Gaten would be so cute together." Maddie defends with reassurance, before sweetly complimenting the possibility, as she playfully rolls her eyes in response.

  I wonder if Finn is upstairs or not.

  Where has he been putting his bike?

How has he been taking his dog to the bathroom?

    How long has he been sleeping here, if not having done it just once, last night?

    I just have so many questions, about so many different things.

   My view sight remains glued at the back door that is connected with the kitchen, gazing at the broiling sunlight shining against the freshly cut grass, as I fall into space, unbeknownst to my friends' side conversations.

I haven't even told Iris about Finn's unexpected visit from last night, or about Noah and I's undecided day for our attempt to go on a date, yet.

   Was that a bad move, on my part?

To not bother to mention both of those factual statements to her, and to just bring that up as a possibility to Noah, without really considering it first?

  I mean, she's my best friend, so I care what she thinks about my choices.

    "Millie!" Everyone exclaims in unison, eager to grab ahold of my attention, as I'm abruptly yanked out of my deep thoughts, several different things unable to be pried off of my brain.

  "You in la-la land, over there? Gosh, you're like a brick wall when you space out." Iris laughs from the opposite side of the marble table, as I lightly smile at her playful demeanor, everyone else's loud and simultaneous giggles echoing through out the room.

   "Sorry, I'm tired." I excuse my drifting with an apologetic chuckle, swiftly sipping from my hot pink cup in which held homemade sweet tea inside, the ice crackling because of it's freshly frozen state, as I bring the edge of the hole to my lips.

Maybe, I should check in on that guest bedroom, to see if he's in there, once all of my friends leave.

If Finn is staying here in secrecy, then I deserve to know why, since this is my own house.

  And I want him to know that I'm aware of what he's doing.

    "No, like everyone got an F on it. Don't worry, you're not alone." Sadie reassures Iris whole-heartedly, referring to some sort of school assignment or test, as I come out of my thoughts, glancing behind my sat stance to peer into the opening doorway that leads into the living room, itching to know for sure where Finn's exact location is.