chapter one.

a/n: new book!!!!! hope it's good cause, idekkkkk 😬

enjoy, if you can. ily

**millie's pov**

  "Obviously, I'd rather have the more expensive one, and I explained that to you, when I first came in here." I roll my eyes at the female sales clerk like she was stupid, after she'd tried selling me a cheap, non-designer bag, since I'd asked for the most expensive black velvet carry-on bag that they had in stock.

I tell you what I want, and then you provide that for me, when I'm the one paying for it.

Common sense, nonetheless.

  "You asked for the black velvet, and the Fendi is only in black leather right now. This one is black velvet. I was just trying to recommend what you'd asked for...but, I apologize." She insists apologetically, removing the useless and cheap purse off of the counter, setting it in some sort of compartment behind the checkout where items that end up not being boughten go, before ringing up my high-priced total, as I continue smacking my spearmint gum, examining my freshly nude painted and manicured nails.

"It's okay, I suppose...just try to be more attentive next time, when a customer specifically tells you what they want." I retort with a sneer, displaying a smile of indifference at her so called apology, as I dig my hand into the gaping hole of my current light pink Chanel purse with rhinestones along the sides, feeling around for my small wallet that was covered with multi-colored bedazzled jewels.

   My fingers linger inside of the wallet, finally feeling the shape of my platinum colored credit card that my parents provided for me, around last summer, as I hand it to her, taking into fully notice her appearance.

Her emerald green eyes definitely revealed inner dissatisfaction at me, as her long brown hair, streaking with blonde highlights, was tightly pulled back into a neat ponytail, her facial structure forming into an oval shape, the length of her eyelashes beyond me.

She's pretty, just not very bright.

"Have a nice day." Resentment willfully laces through out her tone of voice, as I fake a smile, snatching the plastic bag that held my newly bought Fendi purse inside of it, that will be added into my current collection of name brand bags, off of the counter and around my wrist, sliding the Tom Ford sunglasses colored in a rose gold that laid against the braids of my short brown hair, against the bridge of my nose, preparing to exit the small boutique, and out into the pre-summer atmosphere.

"You too, sweetie." My voice displays a tone of distaste, as I blow a large bubble with my gum, popping it loudly by doing this clicking motion with my tongue that stung from the power of the mint.

Big deal, I can have a bad attitude at times.

    A cute sounding bell dings as I push open the pure glass door with golden tracings against it, entering out into the warm weather, various scents of freshly sprayed sunscreen, sweet frozen treats, and banana-based tanning oil entering my nostrils, bringing a sense of joy.

Summer is only a few weeks away, and to say that I'm looking forward to it, would be an understatement.

Every year, I go to a destination of my choosing, for an entire week. My parents are traveling doctors, so they have really really good business opportunities, world wide, so it's kind of great. They let me have whatever I want, whenever I want it.