Darcy sat down last at the end of the table squeezed next to Niall. I dismissed my observation of them holding hands under the table. The discussions among the boys had calmed down, and now I had the opportunity to begin a civilized conversation with all of them.

“So why did you guys come here?” I asked. “Is this part of your tour?”

The boys all looked at Liam to explain.

“No, or else we wouldn’t have much free time,” Liam said. “Our manager set up this trip for us as a vacation break. And the last tour destination was cancelled, which it why we stayed at your house for a couple weeks.”

“Are tours as crazy as people say?” Darcy asked. She would ask that. I mean, she’s going to be joining them soon.

“Sort of,” Niall answered. “We are always on the move, and when we do have down time, we usually spend it sleeping.”

“Oh, it’s not that bad,” Louis the Optimist said. “It’s exciting to see so many places and Harry enjoys the girls.” Harry hit Lou on the arm with his fork. “Hey, it’s true,” Louis defended. Harry didn’t argue, but he still looked offended.

“How about you guys?” Niall asked, looking only at Darcy. “How did you find yourselves here?”

“My neighbor, Mrs. Muck,” I replied.

“Mrs. Muck?” Harry echoed. “What kind of a name is that?”

“It’s this old lady,” Darcy said. “She’s really nice. I haven’t talked to her much, but she and Paige have some creepy bond. I swear, Paige clicks with the strangest of people.”

At that, Zayn and I locked eyes briefly.

“Well, if it wasn’t for our creepy bond, we wouldn’t be here,” I said. “She bought Darcy and I the tickets. And she’s not the most wealthy, either.”

“That was nice of her,” Liam said. “How old is she?”

“She’s somewhere in her seventies,” I answered. “She has no kids or grandchildren, so I guess I sort of filled that role.”

Darcy and Niall started whispering to each other, in their own little world. The boys and I shared glances communicating the same thought without worlds. Louis stuck his fingers on the back of his tongue and pretended to gag.

“Oh, shut up,” Harry said, lightly shoving Louis. “Whenever Eleanor is around, you’re the same way with her.”

“Who’s Eleanor?” I asked.

“Lou’s girlfriend,” Liam answered.

My mouth gaped open. “And why haven’t I heard about this?”