[Pokemon] Catch a Gem [Roark] Sapphire

"Are you ignoring me? ... ... Roark!" the little red-head kept his face turned away from his friend in a bid to hide the grin. Behind him the black-haired girl stomped and continued to shout at Roark in an attempt to gather his attention.

---

"Roark!"

The shout caused the Oreburgh Gym Leader to shake himself out of his memories and to search for the source of the sound. Before him stood a woman, her dark hair reaching her hips as she glared at him in determination. "I challenge you to a battle!"

Roark blinked once. Twice.

---

"I want to battle your Geodude again!" the ever-fiery child announced, pointing at her old friend. He merely grinned, adjusting the hard hat on his head.

"No way! You'll only lose again!" he taunted, watching the hazel-eyed girl pout. The Sandshrew at her side seemed to bristle at his comment.

"Shrew!"

"You can't deny a challenge! Stupid!"

"Hey! I'm not stupid, stupid!"

---

"Do I know you?" Roark mumbled, still staring at the familiar woman. He was surprised too the glare swap places for a grin instead.

"It's no surprise you don't completely recognize me!" she chuckled. "It's me, Sapphire Basanite!"

---

"You're leaving?" the 10-year-old Roark inquires, staring at his friend. She glanced away, tugging at a strand of chin-length hair.

"Well, yeah. I'm gonna go explore the world and bring back lots of neat rocks!" she then turned back and smirked at him. Her Sandshrew standing tall, his little yellow arms crossed over his white chest. "But when I come back we're gonna beat you!"

"You can try!" Roark snorted as the hazel-eyed girl blew a raspberry.

---

A grin spread across the red-head's face, and before Sapphire knew it she was pulled into his arms and swung around in a wide circle - clutching onto him for dear life as he did so. Roark ignored the passersby's staring.

"O-Oi! C'mon put me down!" sputtered a now thoroughly embarrassed Trainer.

"Promise you won't run off for so long when you travel again!"

"F-Fine! But put me down! ... C'mon! People are staring!"