Chapter 15

(Y/n)'s POV

Sook Myung pointed her sword at me. She was graceful, just like all those taught in the royal family.

Without giving it a second thought, she immediately charged at me. I quickly stopped her sword with my daggers.

"How can you fight like that? Without any proper techniques," she exclaimed.
"Techniques? You're just unfamiliar with how I was trained."

I kicked her sword, which allowed me to jump up and attack from above. She dodged but attacked a split second later.

Ji Dwi's POV

They were both doing well, but I had a bad feeling about this. (Y/n), I was worried about her. It was probably common sense to worry more about your family members but I didn't know Sook Myung that well, it almost felt like she was a stranger.

I focused on the duel, and noticed that (Y/n) had began to wobble a little. She was doing fine before so why? What was happening to her?

Sook Myung smirked before continuing to attack (Y/n). She was still keeping up with her, despite her dizziness. The fight was going to come to an end soon, but I could tell that everyone was expecting Sook Myung to be the winner. No...it wasn't supposed to be her. (Y/n) was supposed to win.

Suddenly, the queen came, causing everyone to whisper amongst themselves. What was mother doing here?

She then started to write something down on a dark piece of paper. That was when (Y/n) started to collapse to her knees. Sook Myung held her sword to her throat, emerging as the winner of the duel.

"Wait, this match was clearly planned. (Y/n) was at a disadvantage."
"Then do you have any proof?" asked Sook Myung.
"She started to feel dizzy towards the end of the fight-"
"That was because she must've been tired."

I looked at mother and saw her writing more weird letterings onto the paper. (Y/n) fainted after that.

No one's POV

What did mother write down? Why did (Y/n) faint after that? Ji Dwi thought. But he was interrupted as Lulu rushed in and stood protectively in front of (Y/n).

The queen remained calm, as if she knew what was going to happen next. It was as if she had planned for this to happen.

Lulu growled loudly, causing Sook Myung to back away slowly. She looked around with her big, round eyes until they finally landed on Ji Dwi.

She growled at everyone that came close but seemed to want Ji Dwi to come closer. And that was what he did. He slowly approached her and managed to get to (Y/n) before picking her up.

"What do you think you're doing with that girl?" asked the queen.
"I'm taking her back to her room...your highness," Ji Dwi replied.
"Leave her to me."
"Do not worry yourself with this. I'll take care of her so please go back."
"...very well."

Sook Myung's POV

I had gone back to the palace with mother.

"Why did you let (Y/n) go? You know that we've planned for this."
"Do not worry, Sook Myung. I just needed to confirm something," she replied.
"But what was that thing you wrote down? Were you controlling (Y/n)?"
"In a way, yes. There are ways to control her since she is an ancient curse. I will have her soon."

I guess I should be thankful that mother did that. If she didn't, I probably would've lost the duel. That would've been an embarrassment for a princess to lose a fight against a nobody...but she wasn't going to be a nobody anymore.

"Go back to Hwarang House. You are to keep an eye on that girl until I say so otherwise."

I bowed before taking my leave. When I arrived, I was immediately pulled by my arm until I was pinned against the wall.

"What did the queen do to (Y/n)?" asked Ji Dwi.

He seemed to have a fire lit in his eyes, as if he was mad at how the queen controlled (Y/n), but he shouldn't know about that.

"She did nothing."
"Then how did she know when the match was taking place? This isn't all a coincidence, is it?"
"Let go, you have no right to treat me like this."
"Why? Why don't I have the right?-"
"You came from nowhere. You're not Wi Hwa's nephew, are you?"
"I suggest you don't find out anything else about me."
"Why? What past are you trying to hide?"
"That's none of your business."

He glared at me before leaving. But...who was he?

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. What happened?... huh? Why was Lulu here?

"(Y/n), I heard that you fainted during the match! Take care of yourself more!" Ah Ro said worriedly.
"So I'm guessing I lost?"
"Is that something you should be worrying about right now?!"
"*smiles* Okay, I'll be careful from now on."

Lulu rest her head on my lap while closing her eyes. Ah Ro backed away a little. I just laughed. She was still scared of her even though she was the one to help me look after her?

Suddenly, Ji Dwi came in with a plate of food.

"Yah, eat up. You probably fainted because you were hungry," he exclaimed.
"He's right. Anyway, I'll go now and leave you two alone," Ah Ro said before quickly leaving.

He handed me the dish before sitting down in front of me. I could still feel him staring at me, even though I was looking down.

"S-stop staring at me like that."
"I'm not staring. I'm just watching you to make sure you eat your food."
"*pouts* Meaning you're a stalker?"

He just pinched my cheeks.

"Don't call me a stalker and eat up. Otherwise Lulu will get worried, don't you think?"
"How did she get here?"
"I don't know, she probably ran here but I'm not sure how she knew you were in trouble."

Lulu...how did you know?...