I glanced up, noticing that a woman with red hair was talking with him. From her uniform, she doesn't appear to be someone working here... she seems to be talking to Silver for a while.

Was this feeling jealousy?

I noticed him leaving the Pokédollars above the check and motioned me to get up from my seat. At first, I was adamant about his actions but I didn't really have a choice once he reached out his hand towards me. After I got up with his assistance, I suddenly felt his breath against my ear.

"Jealous?"

My cheeks began burning.

"N-no!" I whispered at him.

"You think I haven't noticed? Why were you staring at me for a bit?" he questioned.

Think, Lyra! Anything!

"I-I was thinking of asking you if I could call my mother... She must be worried about me," I blurted out.

Silver distanced us a bit and shrugged. Obviously he didn't care about my social life, but he did respect it. When he didn't forbid me in doing so, I took the silence as approval. I nodded and we both exited the building.

"Just to let you know; that woman was Chuck's wife. If you remember, Chuck's the Gym Leader of Cianwood City," he informed me.

I nodded once again, realizing I've been feeling jealous for no reason.

We head near the shores of the ocean—I don't really know what's the reason. From what I can tell through his current facial expression, Silver seemed to be relaxed and calm. I looked towards the direction where he was staring.

There were large rocks that emerged from the waters; one of the rocks looked big enough for a cave to be formed.

"Aren't you going to call your mother?" he asked.

So Silver did allowed me to call her... I would say 'he can't control my life' but there is this incident with the bracelets and such...

"Thank you..." I muttered before I picked up my Pokégear and clicked on my mother's registered number. Afterward, I pressed the device against my ear, just as my eyes glanced at Silver, who had his eyes closed and head tilted to the sky.

After a few seconds passed by, I heard my mother's voice through the Pokégear.

"Lyra, is that you?"

"Yes... sorry for not calling back sooner," I apologized.

"No problem! I was just worried about your travelling and thought that you might need some stuff. But then again, I'm sure you'll be safe with the guy you're travelling with. Ethan dropped by as well and told me you were safe."

"Wait... how did you know I was travelling with someone if not Ethan?" I questioned.

"Well, it was Ethan who told me you're travelling with someone who'll keep you safe. He looked a bit upset though... but he told me that what matters was your safety. I hope you two didn't get into a fight or something. You two have been friends for a very long time, you know. I even remember the time when you and Ethan played in the backyard and—" she chirped.

My heart shattered as I sucked in a breath. 'I'm sorry Ethan... One day, I'll find a way to repair our friendship and I hope we could let all of this pass. Right now, please don't get involved...'

"—Anyways, that was back then. So, what city are you in, at the moment?" she asked.

"Cianwood..." I replied.

"That's great. I heard that the legendary Pokémon Lugia lives around that city, in a place called the Whirl Islands. You should check the place out if you have the time. I'm sure you're preparing to battle the Gym Leader at this point."

I smiled. "Yeah..."

"Don't worry about calling me back. That's what Ethan wanted me to do. He said it was best for you to think about yourself while you are in your journey. He even mentioned you needed time to find your true goal, or something like that. I don't know what he means but I hope for the best for you."

"Thanks, mom... Goodbye."

I turned off the Pokégear and turned to Silver. 'I needed time to find my true goal...' What did he mean by that? Did he make an assumption about my situation?

I sighed, shaking my head a bit. Once I placed the device away, I stood closer to Silver and also took the time to enjoy the feeling of the wind. After a bit, I felt Silver's hand on my shoulder.

"So... Lyra, who is your friend Ethan really to you?"
~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~