18- Calm Before The Storm.

Start from the beginning

"Now, now," Sebastian shouldered his friend. "Nobody likes a salty pirate..."

×××

"Be sure not to let your guard down again too soon." Evie smiled shaking her head at the wounded fighter as she walked back across the clearing towards the waiting limousine, Primrose's best little allie following at her side.

She gasped, remembering something as one foot hung outside the regal car. "Oh and take it easy please Prim, tear those stitches open and it won't be so pretty... Just for a few days?"

Dizzy nodded at her friend as they readied to leave. "Stay safe Prim."

Harry grumbled, taking it in a way whereby Dizzy and Evie didn't think he knew what he was doing or that he failed in his duty to watch over Primrose. "I'll make sure she does."

"Hope to see you all soon!" The azure haired girl called out, Primrose smiled tightly along with Sebastian and Harry. She didn't have the heart to tell the girls about her father and estranged brothers wishes for the King. Not yet.

As the fancy car drove off towards the barrier between good and evil. The fellow villains retreated across the Isle once more to their beloved boat which was their only safe-haven.

Sebastian and Harry made light work of Primrose as they each hauled an arm over their broad shoulders to take her weight away from her. Harry couldn't help but hear the slight gasps of pain from his girl as they crossed the Isle.

"I can't believe how wrong that went." Seb began to create a conversation after walking in silence as a third wheel for almost five minutes. It was driving him insane.

"What happened..." The daughter of Pan whispered after a brief moment.

Harry sighed, their failure hurting his pride slightly. "Sacrafice."

Primrose frowned, feeling a little woozy from the drugs and her apparent downfall of adrenaline now.

"William, my sister and Dexter stayed behind on the Isle with Hook to figure out Pan's plan and Weaknesses." Sebastian spoke harshly, focusing on their ship in the distance. Still finding some guilt and aggravation for leaving his sister on their old, dangerous stomping ground.

"Me." Primrose gulped. Her mouth dried out after not drinking in a while. "Its my fault isn't it."

Sebastian felt only guilt in that moment, he couldn't put the blame on his Captain's first mate. Their fight failed because the preparation wasn't good enough, due to the persistent fighting of the crew. It wasn't Primrose falling victim, nobody was prepared for what they faced. Harry felt equally as bad.

The moment the trio reached their ship, they were greeted by the rest of the crew and Harry felt relieved as he and Sebastian were finally able to throw their heavy swords to the ground along with Primrose's which they had to carry also.

"Aye, aye, look what the cat dragged in!" Miles joked gently pulling Primrose into a hug as she tried to smile despite the pain across her torso. She was grateful but extremely tired.

"I can't believe you let them take Will, Harry what were you doing?" Jade scoffed but barely had chance to continue as Sebastian stepped in to defend himself and his best friend and Primrose.

After a while of greeting, Primrose felt herself weaken noticeably a little. "Hook..." She mumbled as she leant on Dominic for support whilst listening to both him and Hugo talk.

Harry turned after his conversation with Miles and Sebastian. Noticing that the red head looked exhausted. He never second guessed himself and was at her side in a moment.

"Harry, I'm tired." She whispered drowsy, Dominic gently hooked her arm around Harry rather than himself and moved away as his Captain slowly headed to the quarters with Prim.

"We're calling a crew meeting in the morning and I want you to be there, so I need you to rest okay?"

Primrose nodded softly before laying down on her bed. It was only a cabin bunk, just like the rest of the crew, except it was slightly wider being on the bottom. Harry wasted no time in pulling off her boots, and pulling up her covers before kneeling beside the bed.

It was only eight in the evening after the crew had conversed and released the previous days pressures from their mind but Primrose had lost a lot of blood from what Evie lead on. She deserved the long sleep in comparison to staying up till almost three a.m. every night usually.

"Harry?" Primrose muttered.

A short silence followed as Harry watched the girl he'd fought with for many years lay peacefully hugging her blanket, eyes closed softly.

"Can you promise me, promise me something okay?" She continued.

Harry frowned lightly, a little smile forming on his lips. "Sure Prim,"

"Make sure you don't get hurt," Primrose's voice was soft. A gentle sleepy smile on her face. "It hurts like hell and I don't want this again..."

Harry nodded, sweeping a piece of hair from the girls face. "I'm sure I won't intentionally come into harms way Pan."

"Good." Prim yawned shifting in her bed. "Because... You can be stupid sometimes Hook."

He laughed a little at her comment, leaning down to gently press a kiss upon her cheek. Not a moment later he was thrown back into reality once more after gently closing the door to allow Primrose to recover. Harry strolled back over to his crew to see them arguing and huddled together.

Really? Could he not catch a break?

"I thought I asked fighters to stand by my side not cowards and bloody gossips!" He yelled, the irritating realisation flooding in that they had still not resolved their differences even after a defeat as a result.

They silenced turning to him.

As he approached, Harry watched as Sebastian shook his head almost unnoticably. Only as his eyes cast back to the centre of the group did the son of Hook catch eyes with the unwelcome guest.

Gil.

---

Hello, so it's been longer than I wanted it to be but this chapter is super long and I hope that makes up for my absence.
Like I said, college is back on now and I've been snowed under, my cousins also been waiting and I've been reading all of your comments! Don't worry!

Anyway, this chapter showcases that not everything goes positive for Isle kids, it may be fiction but if everything is always perfect then what's the fun? This chapter kind of to show Primrose's emotional, vulnerable side, I hope it worked? Also guest appearance from Evie&Diz!

Finally.. thankyou so much for 22k reads, it's crazy and I really appreciate all of the support. Feel free to comment and vote and share the love! Thanks x

.