The crowd laughed and cheered at the spread-eagled minotaur and the cat that was now sat on top of it, licking its paws. Capitus' face was priceless and Iatus had to laugh.

Capitus regained his senses and shot a ball of green energy at Iatus, who only just managed to dodge out the way.

Iatus decided it might be best to put up a shield and said the spellword, creating a bubble he thought would be strong enough to hold off any more of Capitus' attacks.

The minotaur groaned and got up, the cat sliding down its front. The minotaur looked down at it and then tried to stomp on it, the axe forgotten on the floor. As its foot got close however the cat split into two identical copies, one going on either side of the foot. The minotaur stared at the two identical cats, waving their tales identically. It picked up its foot again and tried to crush one but the same thing happened. The minotaur staggered back and looked at the three cats in confusion. It let out a frustrated roar and began stamping furiously until he was completely surrounded by a sea of cats. The crowd laughed harder to see the awesome minotaur completely baffled by a cat.

However now that there was no more room to move out of the way, the minotaur began to have some success. Capitus also joined in as well, blasting the cats with green energy. When stomped on the cats disintegrated into shadows that leached away. The minotaur retrieved its axe and began to swing it horizontally along the floor, disintegrating great swathes of illusionary cats.

Eventually there was just one cat left that was desperately ducking and weaving out of the way of the attacks. The minotaur began to chase after it and the ground shook with the impact of each footfall. The cat's situation looked hopeless.

Suddenly the cat turned and held up a paw, the magical blast that was about to incinerate it deflected around it, exploding as it hit the ground.

Shadows began to pour out from the cat, wrapping around it until it was encased in them like a cocoon. The cocoon began to grow until it was as tall as the minotaur. Then it cracked open. Out stepped an exact replica of the minotaur, axe and all.

The crowd gasped and applauded vigorously. Capitus just gasped. The minotaur looked confused at its reflection that seemed to be mocking him.

"Attack it! Attack it! Kill it!" Capitus screamed and the minotaur swung its axe.

The copy stopped posturing and deflected the blade on its handle. The noise was deafening as the two beasts whacked each other full power. Eventually though the copy started to loose, taking nicks to the arms and legs and shadows poured out of it. The minotaur gave a bellow of triumph as its axe connected with the top of the copy's head. Shadows poured out and the copy collapsed, disintegrating. A few meters away a black cat popped into existence and collapsed to the floor.

There was a collective intake in breath and then some boos. The minotaur may have won but it looked exhausted.

Capitus laughed cruelly, "You see, I am better than you in every way! Now crush him!"

Iatus looked up terrified; the minotaur was swinging its ridiculously huge axe straight at him. There was no way to get out of the way in time so he poured what he could into his shield. The impact didn't touch him but the mana drain drove him to his knees, without Nerres and Aelith he had nothing to defend himself with; Gopple wouldn't last two seconds against that thing. Then a thought occurred to him. He quickly spat out Gopple's summons.

A ball of water span into existence and the annoying little newt came out, a broad smile on its face.

"Morning there boss, you looks a little peaky there today, if you don'ts mind Is saying, what you.... WOAH! What are you doings fighting a minotaur, you suicidal or something? Get bird features to help!"