He Is Pretty Stupid.

Bea watched me with apprehensive chocolatey brown eyes. She was studying me, as if trying to make sense of the whole situation. Though, to be honest, there wasn't much sense to make of it. What I was seemed impossible, even to me, as did her ability to see and hear me. Frankly, she was as much of a mystery to me as I was to her.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked after a while.

"No," she said quickly, immediately snapping back into her bad bitch persona.

I wasn't going to lie and say I didn't find her attractive.

What? Don't give me that look! I may be dead but I can still check people out.

Her hair was a golden, dirty blonde and curled wildly down to her middle back. It wasn't that nice even curling-iron-curl, but the wiry, natural curl of a wild girl that couldn't be tamed.

She wore an army green tank top that left her arms bare and a pair of khaki colored cargo pants. Her feet were clad in heavy duty hiking boots and a survival pack was slung across her shoulder. I imagined that the shotgun held in her hand was usually slung over the other shoulder by way of the makeshift strap, but I couldn't be certain.

"Are you checking me out?" She asked with an unimpressed expression.

"Yes," I said with a smirk, catching her off guard as my eyes traveled up to rest on her perfectly tanned face.

She raised both eyebrows at me in shock and looked at me incredulously, "You can't just say that to someone!"

"Well, I'm sorry if my social skills turned to shit in my four years of isolation," I placed my hand over my heart, still looking at her face, which I now noticed held a smattering of freckles.

She was hot in that tough chick I-will-shoot-your-ass kind of way.

"Frankly, I'm still tickled I can say anything to anyone," I told her.

She huffed in frustration and stomped to the door, only to halt in her tracks when she realized ZomBenny was still pacing outside.

She turned back to me with a scowl, her arms crossed over her chest. "Make him leave."

"I can't make him do anything," I told her honestly, "He's a zombie, and I haven't decided whether or not he can actually hear or see me yet."

"So what? I'm stuck here?" She asked in an annoyed voice.

"More or less," I shrugged again.

"Can't you at least try?" she huffed and sent me a pleading look.

Sighing dramatically, I walked over to the wall and stuck my head through it. "Oi, you big bundle of lard! Get your ass over here!"

Grunt.

"I'm talking to you!"

Grunt.

I stuck my fingers into my mouth and whistled, hoping the shrill noise would draw his attention.

Nothing.

Ducking back inside, I turned to Bea and shrugged, "He's either stupid or deaf."

I watched as she bit her lip and ran her fingers through her long golden hair. I knew she was just trying to find a way out of this situation, but damn was that hot.

This girl was going to be the second death of me, I could already tell.

"Can't I just blow his brains out?" She inquired, looking down at her shotgun.

"No!" I hissed in exasperation. "For one, he doesn't have any brains, and for two, that is my body out there and I have been babysitting it for four years! I didn't come all this way just for you to shoot him in the freaking head!"

"Well if it comes down to me or him, I'm definitely not choosing him," she sent me a quick glare.

"Please don't kill my zombie," I clasped my hands together and begged her.

"What am I supposed to do then?" She asked with an annoyed expression as she crossed her arms over her chest.

I thought about it for a few seconds and glanced at the door. I knew ZomBenny better than anyone, and therefore, I liked to believe I knew how he'd react to a variety of situations. Mentally eliminating the scenarios that involved any form of death, I turned to Bea and said, "Well the way I see it, you have three options. You can either wait him out here and hope he leaves when he gets hungry, you can try to outsmart and outrun him, or you can try to capture him."

"Capture him? How the hell do you expect me to capture him?" she asked incredulously with wide brown eyes.

"Well he is pretty stupid." I shrugged and smirked as I spotted a coil of rope lying on the floor. "Now Bea, I need you to listen to me very carefully..."